• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Ping hidden in game while using ethernet!

Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi
I recently bought an ethernet cable. I was using wifi with the help of a wifi extender till now to access internet as my pc is far away from my router. When I started using the ethernet cable I saw no problems and jumped into a game of battlefield.

But for some reason my ping is hidden while in game . It just shows up as a dash. This wasn't the case when I was using wifi. As a result I am getting kicked out of lot of the servers as they think I am hacking.
Why is my ping hidden while using ethernet?
I tried restarting the router,my pc and disabling firewall. Nothing has got the ping to show up so far. Please help.

Ralston18

Titan
When you switched to ethernet cable (wired connection) did you disable the wireless network adapter?

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

What IP address are you targeting when you use ping?

ASK THE COMMUNITY