[SOLVED] Ping is 30ms higher on average since ISP Service Call

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Ok my ISP is Spectrum.

I use a 5ghz wifi signal to my pc to play games.

My ping in all the games I play was never above 45ms, no matter the game.

I was having some intermittent internet issues caused by the line coming into the house. They came and fixed it and things have worked fine.

But Ive noticed since this happened my ping in all my games is on avg about 30ms higher. Sure this may not seem like a huge issue but the games I play, it kind of is a problem.

Should I call them? Is there anything they can do? or will they just blame the games?

Or would it be on my end?

Last edited:
Solution
Looking at reviews of that router, it seems like it leaves a lot to be desired. I see a lot of threads related to the RAC2V1K that suggest that your problem might not be particularly limited to your own situation.

I certainly can't guarantee that a better router is going to cure your problem, but it certainly isn't going to make it worse.

First though, it would be helpful, if at all possible, if you could connect to the router using an ethernet connection, hard wired using Cat5 or newer cable, to see if this problem with lag and high ping still exists while gaming or if it is ONLY limited to the use of Wi-Fi while gaming.

All other considerations aside, the optimal configuration in this kind of scenario would be to get a wireless...