Question Ping spike at interval and ntoskrnl.exe uses network

May 7, 2021
I had this issue few weeks back and I'm not sure what I did that truly fixed it but one of them was by forcing my wifi to only detect 5Ghz connection and the other is using the command below.

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"

It worked for few weeks but I'm having the same issue all over again since the past three days. I'm not sure what I did that changed it back but I think one was it have to do with the fact that I turned off 5Ghz connection through the router settings. Other than that, I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver as shown below but somehow it updates all the three drivers? I don't know.. It was actually installed 3 days ago but I had to reinstall them but after uninstalling cos I found that they are not the culprit.

As the title mentioned and shown below, System which is (ntoskrnl.exe) constantly uses 0.1Mbps of network and whenever I'm having the spike - it goes to 0. It's hard to track this because it's so quick but I manage to see the pattern so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this. I looked at few forums and they said that I need to turn off Superfetch at the services section but it's not there for me somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are many people reporting to have the same issue as me with this wifi driver so I don't know if it'll help.

Driver name: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

May 7, 2021
Wireless will always have spikes with more traffic as the latency kills the bandwidth in those situations. Wired will fix your problems.
I understand where you're coming from but it worked just fine few days back before I did something I couldn't really remember. As I said previously I had this issue and the spike happens on a very specific interval and many have had this issue with the Wi-Fi driver particularly. It's also weird to see the ntoskrnel.exe to be using network resources and whenever the spike happens it goes to 0. I always keep track of the task manager few weeks back and this exe doesn't do the thing it does now so I am confident it has something to do with it but I just don't know how to disable this ntskrnel.exe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May 7, 2021
Well, the way to completely confirm your theory is to boot a linux live cd and see if pings stay steady there. If they don't, it's something in the air--literally--and not that driver.
I'm not tech-y enough to do all that I suppose but do you have any idea how can I force my wifi to only detect 5Ghz connection? I think that's what I did previously that fixed the issue. I couldn't remember how to do it now. I think it has something to do with setting the wireless mode to IEE 802.11xx?

TRENDING THREADS