Question Ping Spikes are ruining my life!

Oct 20, 2019
Hi guys,
First of all I'm sorry for my bad english, but this is only my second language. In the past months I've experienced several ping spikes per day. Sometimes I have no issues at all, sometimes I can se the ping go to 3000 every 10 seconds. I've seen an old thread in which it was suggest to run the tracert to google.com and then open three command prompts with the first and second hops and Google itself.
I've done it and everytime I see a ping spike, it's shown in all the prompt. Can you help me figuring out the issue? I'm going crazy :/
P.s. I'm sorry if the screenshots are in italian: https://ibb.co/2NT9x6D

I've bought it a couple of days ago to change the old one, the issue was solved at all.
This is my pc: https://ibb.co/VDQDz45

Last edited:
If you see ping spikes in the hop to your router it means it is inside your house. This is extremely common on wifi.

In most cases it is not even your equipment that is causing it. It is mostly caused by interference from neighbors using their wifi equipment.

You have very few option. You can try other radio channels on your router, try both the 2.4g and 5g bands. You can set the channel width to 20mhz this will reduce your overall speed but maybe you can find a radio channel that is not as used. Since is uses 80mhz (ie 4 radio channels) on the 5g band to do 802.11ac you have a better chance to find just 1 20mhz chunk than a 80mhz chunk not over used.

Still this is very much like complaining that there are too many cars on the road on your way to work. No real solutions for this.

You could try powerline networks if your equipment has ethernet ports.

Oct 20, 2019
I've tried the powerline, but unfortunately the speed I received was 1/3 of the wifi, since the electric cables are very old. I'll try different radio channels. Thank you for you reply, btw.

Oct 20, 2019
Yes, but it's awful to pay for 200 Mbit/s and be able to use only 50 of them -.- And I can't do anything with these ping peaks, since there are moments with one peak every 10 seconds.