Ping spikes in CS:GO

Jun 30, 2018
Hello, I've been experiencing massive lag spikes in CS:GO(Ping spikes) literally... playing with ping like 30 and then it goes to 150 and the movement is not smooth and its impossible to play with that, We've got wireless WiFi connection(but in settings on my PC it says ETHERNET?) not sure, Im not that experienced to talk about internet so thats why Im asking you guys, I know - wireless wifi is the worst option but we ain't got other options so far. Not sure if it is problem somewhere in cs:go, or in PC settings or smth like that but I'm planning to contact our provider about that, but I still kinda believe that we could fix that somehow with help from someone who has already experienced this and know some solutions. I've been googling alot and found fix that works for someone who had the same problem, but I can't finish that - its .bat file where you can choose between disabling and enabling searching for networks and updating quality - the guy says you should disable it while playing csgo and then enable it back, I can't do that because in the CMD it says that there is no interface in the pc so its not possible to disable it, I can send the code here:
XML:
@echo off
title Fix for Wireless Ping Spikes (self.GlobalOffensive)
echo submitted by Clyq, bat by Ment-0
echo ------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Stop your Wireless Card from searching nearby networks and
echo updating your signal quality when you're not asking it to, 
echo which is what is causing the spikes.
echo You will need to turn it back on if you disconnect or need to be 
echo able to find nearby networks again. 
echo Good Luck!
pause
:MENU
cls
echo -------------------Fix for Wireless Ping Spikes-------------------
echo Option 1: Disable searching for networks and updating quality.
echo Option 2: Enable searching for networks and updating quality.
echo Option 3: Exit.
SET /P M=Type 1, 2 OR 3 then press ENTER:
IF %M%==1 GOTO DISABLE
IF %M%==2 GOTO ENABLE
IF %M%==3 GOTO END
:DISABLE
cls
netsh wlan show settings
echo.
echo The last line should be like: Auto configuration logic is 
echo enabled on interface "WiFi"
echo.
echo If so, type what is says after interface.
echo EXAMPLE if interface="WiFi" then you type: WiFi
SET /P input=Type here:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="%INPUT%"
pause
GOTO MENU
:ENABLE
cls
netsh wlan show settings
echo.
echo The last line should be like: Auto configuration logic is 
echo disabled on interface "WiFi"
echo.
echo If so, type what is says after interface.
echo EXAMPLE if interface="WiFi" then you type: WiFi
SET /P input=Type here:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="%INPUT%"
pause
GOTO MENU
:END
exit
powerd by XUP Filehost
I dont know if it is gonna help and dont know how to fix that as im not that experienced with internet and ping problems so I would really appreciate any help from you guys! Sorry for bad english, writing fast because Im little bit mad about this problem.

Solution
First check your PC. Ensure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled. Good chance that the PC has both wired and wireless capabilities. Only one should be enabled. I.e., wireless if that is what you chose to use.

Second, run tracert and pathping targeting the CS:GO website by URL or IP. Look for delays - may be inside or outside of your network.

You may be able to address some issue within your network. But not so much outside of your network (e.g., ISP or further along the hop path through the internet servers to CS:GO.

Ralston18

Titan
First check your PC. Ensure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled. Good chance that the PC has both wired and wireless capabilities. Only one should be enabled. I.e., wireless if that is what you chose to use.

Second, run tracert and pathping targeting the CS:GO website by URL or IP. Look for delays - may be inside or outside of your network.

You may be able to address some issue within your network. But not so much outside of your network (e.g., ISP or further along the hop path through the internet servers to CS:GO.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS