[SOLVED] Ping spikes making online gaming impossible

irsaxu

Commendable
Nov 22, 2018
I keep getting very high ping spikes (100-1500ms) every few seconds. This makes it basically impossible to play any online game, and makes watching streams also very difficult, despite a fast (250mbps) connection. Here is a picture of what the ping spikes look like: View: https://imgur.com/a/Wice9or

I have done several hours worth of troubleshooting to no avail, using every solution and method I could find online, and even ended up reinstalling Windows, which also didn't help.

I am using an ethernet connection. No other computers that I connect to my router have the same issue. I have even plugged my PC into another router and I had the same problem.

I've been having this problem since Thursday evening, despite no change in anything that I could imagine as being an influence (router, hardware, software, etc.)

What can I do?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you open windows tak manager and at the bottom source controll, when the window of source control is openend just shut down task manager itself.
See what programs might use alot of the network, maybe one makes this happen since not happening on the other pc's. Yes i've read that you reinstalled windows, but maybe you reinstalled soemthing else too that does this.

Can maybe test lan port by using something like this,
see if it happens with this too.

irsaxu

Commendable
Nov 22, 2018
Can you open windows tak manager and at the bottom source controll, when the window of source control is openend just shut down task manager itself.
See what programs might use alot of the network, maybe one makes this happen since not happening on the other pc's. Yes i've read that you reinstalled windows, but maybe you reinstalled soemthing else too that does this.

Can maybe test lan port by using something like this,
see if it happens with this too.

No, I didn't download or install anything after the reset, aside from Chrome, which I used to test the ping again.

I don't understand the article you sent me because it's in Dutch.

TRENDING THREADS