[SOLVED] Ping spikes on ethernet connection

Dec 7, 2018
Hi

Problem is present from some time, but i have to deal with it. From time to time (30 seconds - 3 minutes, depending on time of the day) I'm noticing ping spikes to 400ms and then is proper again (around 20ms), what is bad, when you play online. Turning off wi-fi in other devices conected to wi-fi doesn't help. Computer is connected by ethernet wire with TP-Link TL-MR3420.

PING TEST DATA:

6vvK9Dp.png

WIN MTR Logs: https://uploadfiles.io/qvqbrz9p

Pingplotter:

SOoOIqb.png

Solution
It is still a form of wireless. All forms of wireless have issues with data corruption and retransmission that cause delays. You need to talk to the ISP and see if they can do anything about it. Maybe your antenna moved and is not getting a good signal.

In some ways it would be better if it was mobile broadband. They use LTE which is one of the better protocols but it is a licensed technology that you must pay to use. They have started to sell LTE that runs on the common wifi frequencies but the equipment is a lot more expensive.....then again it works much better and has higher speeds.
The problem is in your connection to your ISP. What type of connection is this, I see t-mobile listed in some of this. If this is a mobile broadband connection these type of pike spikes are fairly common if you do not have very strong signals and/or you are on a congested cell tower.

If this is some kind of physical cable coming to your house I could contact the ISP and see what they see.

Botnus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2012
Does this occur on only one device? Try the simplest things first: See if there are any updates to your Operating System that need to be installed. If that doesn't work, try going to the Command Prompt and running a simple "Ipconfig /flushdns" and restart the computer. See if anything changes.

Dec 7, 2018
Updated Windows 10 and used your command. Things didn't get any better.

Is not mobile connection. I have local internet provider, that ehm... provides wireless connection. Router plugged to an antenna on the roof of the house and recieves signal from transmitters. Both of them are less than one kilometer from my home, what can be spotted on Pingplotter screen.

It is still a form of wireless. All forms of wireless have issues with data corruption and retransmission that cause delays. You need to talk to the ISP and see if they can do anything about it. Maybe your antenna moved and is not getting a good signal.

In some ways it would be better if it was mobile broadband. They use LTE which is one of the better protocols but it is a licensed technology that you must pay to use. They have started to sell LTE that runs on the common wifi frequencies but the equipment is a lot more expensive.....then again it works much better and has higher speeds.

Solution