[SOLVED] Ping Spikes on Wi-Fi

Apr 1, 2020
Device:TP-LINK
Model: TL-WR941HP
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 199125
-------------
Hi..
when I ping to router iP It seems to spike ( in wireless connection), As you see here:
wireless-ping.jpg

but in wired connection this is not happened:
wired-ping.jpg

it happened to all devices not only mine

I tried to change the channel but still the same..

inSSIDer scan::

Annotation-2020-03-30-232039.jpg

any solution please? thanks..

Last edited:
Solution
Maybe. 5g tends to get less interference from neighbors because the signal does not pass walls as easy but that also means your signal also do not go as far in your house.

This is one of those your try things and see if they work. Unfortunately it may work for a while and then a neighbor gets a new router and you have to start again to find a area that works the best.

In the long run you want to try to get some other form of connection to play games. Ethernet is always best but powerline or moca work better than wifi for games.
What is your question. Wifi gets ping spikes like this because of interference from various sources. It has little to no impact for most applications. Online games being the exception.

The only way to "fix" this is to get rid of all sources of interference. Not very likely since most times it is your neighbors also using wifi. Scanning tools do not see non wifi sources of interference like baby monitors,cordless phones etc. They also do not always show the neighbor wifi

Apr 1, 2020
What is your question. Wifi gets ping spikes like this because of interference from various sources. It has little to no impact for most applications. Online games being the exception.

The only way to "fix" this is to get rid of all sources of interference. Not very likely since most times it is your neighbors also using wifi. Scanning tools do not see non wifi sources of interference like baby monitors,cordless phones etc. They also do not always show the neighbor wifi

Thanks for replay..

Yea it impacts only games like pubg mobile

If I change the router to 5ghz it will solve the problem?

Maybe. 5g tends to get less interference from neighbors because the signal does not pass walls as easy but that also means your signal also do not go as far in your house.

This is one of those your try things and see if they work. Unfortunately it may work for a while and then a neighbor gets a new router and you have to start again to find a area that works the best.

In the long run you want to try to get some other form of connection to play games. Ethernet is always best but powerline or moca work better than wifi for games.

Solution