Question Ping spikes over 300 randomly on Wi-Fi

Sep 26, 2019
Hi, i just recently got a PC and basically, i just have random ping spikes, i digged up some research and found a solution: open up command (cmd) and typed this in: netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi". Eventually it worked but somehow my ping was doubled in game (from 30 to 60ish) with no spikes, i mean this method kinda work, but i used to have a laptop experiencing the same issue, it stopped immediately when i plugged in Ethernet cable, Ive just recently moved to a new house and doesn't support Ethernet, so i figured out it only happens on Wireless, I really need help fixing the issue, ive looked everywhere and found no solution that works permanently...Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include make and model router plus make and model wireless network adapter.

Depending on the products (router, wireless adapter) that you are using you may be able to change frequencies and channels to avoid or reduce interference.

For example, if you are using a USB wireless adapter, a USB extension cable can be used to raise the USB wireless adapter up and away from the back of the computer. Or if using a PCIe slotted wireless adapter then there may be antenna extension cables available.

And the router itself, just being moved a few feet one way or another may help. If external antennas, you may improve things by reorienting the router's antenna.

Plus there are other configurable options within the properties listed for the wireless network adapter.

You will need to match those with the router.

Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need to work with that person to match router and wireless adapter properties.