Ping Spikes Ruining My Games

Jun 25, 2018
I'm having trouble with ping spikes (Wireless). It started with CS:GO where I would play and after 2 minutes I would get a ping spike of maybe 1000. Sometimes I wouldn't get a ping spike for a month, then randomly they come back. Sometimes they are huge ping spikes, sometimes they are little and only spike to 200 or 100 ping. I have had this problem for multiple years doing a lot of things to fix this. I have got new routers, new computers and nothing seems to fix it. As of now spikes usually happen only for about 3 seconds and cause my ping in games such Fortnite to rise to 200 ping then quickly down, rubber banding me hard. The weird thing that I don't get is my xbox which I occasionally also play instead of my PC barely ever gets lag spikes. Maybe once a day it will spike to 100 but nothing too drastic. This doesn't just happen to me it also affects the rest of my family. I would very much appreciate if anyone knew any reason on why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it. My ISP is Comcast and we have XFI.
https://pastebin.com/Jm0WZwSg - A copy of 12 tracerts to google.com

Solution
First recommendation is to not use WIFI for gaming. WIFI was never intended as a real-time network. If you can't get an ethernet cable, then try powerline network adapters. Get the AV2 standard devices for maximum performance and compatibility with home wiring.

kanewolf

Titan
First recommendation is to not use WIFI for gaming. WIFI was never intended as a real-time network. If you can't get an ethernet cable, then try powerline network adapters. Get the AV2 standard devices for maximum performance and compatibility with home wiring.

Solution