Question ping spikes so hard it acts like i lose connection

Jul 3, 2019
I'm not using ethernet and i used the best dns server. I get ping spikes so hard that I have NO internet at all. This lasts for about 30 seconds or more. I troubleshoot my internet while it happens and it says the dns server isn't responding. I already tried a lot of fixes but they just don't work. I even tried using a lot of drivers on the wireless card. I honestly don't know why this is happening. It's not just an ordinary ping spike with 500 ping or 1000 ping or just 300 ping, it just disconnects completely but doesn't disconnect.

I would try to ping the router ip address and see if the ping spikes are in the wifi.

Unfortunately this is one of the things you have to live with on wifi in many cases. Used to be wifi was not so crowded and you could actually get some bandwidth to yourself. Now days modern routers attempt to use all the available radio frequencies allowed and more and more people are putting in the silly mesh things further irritating the problem. Just too much interference to get good stable wifi in many areas. If you live way out in the country away from people you can get good results.

Jul 3, 2019
I would try to ping the router ip address and see if the ping spikes are in the wifi.

Unfortunately this is one of the things you have to live with on wifi in many cases. Used to be wifi was not so crowded and you could actually get some bandwidth to yourself. Now days modern routers attempt to use all the available radio frequencies allowed and more and more people are putting in the silly mesh things further irritating the problem. Just too much interference to get good stable wifi in many areas. If you live way out in the country away from people you can get good results.
is there anyway to prevent this? getting too much bandwidth?