[SOLVED] Ping Spikes When Playing Games on Ethernet

Jan 30, 2021
When I ping google.com in cmd I don't get any ping spikes but when I play games my ping spikes a huge amount of times

Solution
I see so you mean if you ping google with nothing running you do not get spikes but you do get spikes when there is traffic like game traffic running.

What I would try to do is take another device if you have it and try to let a ping run. The thing you are trying to determine is it limited to just the machine or is there something actually wrong with the internet connection.

If your internet is very small in particual your upload speed it is pretty easy to over utilize it and you will see these ping spikes. It is not common anymore, this was on DSL connections that have very low rates like 10mbps down .5 mbps up.
I see so you mean if you ping google with nothing running you do not get spikes but you do get spikes when there is traffic like game traffic running.

What I would try to do is take another device if you have it and try to let a ping run. The thing you are trying to determine is it limited to just the machine or is there something actually wrong with the internet connection.

If your internet is very small in particual your upload speed it is pretty easy to over utilize it and you will see these ping spikes. It is not common anymore, this was on DSL connections that have very low rates like 10mbps down .5 mbps up.

Solution
You pc is not connected via ethenet it is actually connected via wifi.

All you have really done is put a wifi card in your pc that connects with a ethernet cable rather than say a USB cable. It still has all the issues of any form of Wifi. It is extremely common for wifi to get ping spikes in games.

Jan 30, 2021
You pc is not connected via ethenet it is actually connected via wifi.

All you have really done is put a wifi card in your pc that connects with a ethernet cable rather than say a USB cable. It still has all the issues of any form of Wifi. It is extremely common for wifi to get ping spikes in games.
i mean i've got one of these
ae235