Question Ping spikes

May 25, 2020
Hi,
I have been having problems with my home network for quite a while now. When playing online games every 5 minutes or so, I experience lag and "go back" as recorded here , my Discord lags as well ( I cant hear for a few seconds and my friends cant hear me). I am connected via 100 Mb/s ethernet cable. Other users of my home network dont experience any problems but theyre using Wifi connection. Heres an image from Ping Plotter showing some lag spikes . Is this problem caused by router or something else ? Thanks for answers.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have been having problems with my home network for quite a while now. When playing online games every 5 minutes or so, I experience lag and "go back" as recorded here , my Discord lags as well ( I cant hear for a few seconds and my friends cant hear me). I am connected via 100 Mb/s ethernet cable. Other users of my home network dont experience any problems but theyre using Wifi connection. Heres an image from Ping Plotter showing some lag spikes . Is this problem caused by router or something else ? Thanks for answers.

Do you have stat tracker or other website open at the same time while you play. I had the same problem happen to me when the stat tracker would update every 4 minutes.

May 13, 2020
Hi,
It is not necessarily a connection problem but could be that your device is being over utilized. Is it meant for gaming? Maybe try closing the extra apps runnin in the background

May 25, 2020
It is not necessarily a connection problem but could be that your device is being over utilized. Is it meant for gaming? Maybe try closing the extra apps runnin in the background
I already tried that, but didnt help. The PC is meant for gaming. The specs: Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 SUPER, 16GB RAM, MB MSI Tomahawk B450

May 25, 2020
Do you have stat tracker or other website open at the same time while you play. I had the same problem happen to me when the stat tracker would update every 4 minutes.
I dont see any other program that could cause that problem. Can you recommend some programs that could discover any undesirable programs that could slow down the PC ?