[SOLVED] Ping Test Request Times Out

Solution
Anyone able to tell me why im getting request timed out?

My ISP is vodafone, im using a netgear wireless adaptor, we use ORBI to get wireless around the house.

My speed seems fine but i often get constant lag spikes in games for a few seconds before it returns to normal.

Any help appreciated.

It wont let me link a picture.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPyJEWdleY5h7l6FMJqkL65IBhgq3SusElAptSL
Wireless is not designed for real time gaming. If you want consistent internet performance you have to get a wired connection.
ORBI is just a fancy WIFI repeater system. It has all the performance and interference problems of any other WIFI.

kanewolf

Titan
Anyone able to tell me why im getting request timed out?

My ISP is vodafone, im using a netgear wireless adaptor, we use ORBI to get wireless around the house.

My speed seems fine but i often get constant lag spikes in games for a few seconds before it returns to normal.

Any help appreciated.

It wont let me link a picture.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPyJEWdleY5h7l6FMJqkL65IBhgq3SusElAptSL
Wireless is not designed for real time gaming. If you want consistent internet performance you have to get a wired connection.
ORBI is just a fancy WIFI repeater system. It has all the performance and interference problems of any other WIFI.

Solution
I can't see that photo but what were you ping. You want to ping your router IP. If you see loss here it is the wifi network causing it. Loss and delay is not really a big problem for applications other than games. Online games you should not use wifi because there really is no way to eliminate the main problem which is interference from your neighbors.

Warzone is the main one at the minute
Ok, u can try one thing, it may or may not help... try disabling Nagle's algorithm; go to run, type regedit, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
Then click on each folder and try to find the folder with ur ip address and if found then create new dword(32);
TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay. Double click and set their parameters as 1.