Question Pink flickering screen wtih laptop mostly with browser too

Sep 2, 2022
So this is happening yesterday and its going on now, But my laptop has been facing a problem recently and the problem is that the screen has been flickering pink, I don't know how this happened but the way that it started was I was browsing around firefox, Till I found out that one of the screens in the tab was flickering pink I decided to close that tab and I had to go to bed so I set the thing to shut down, I thought this a was a small bug till recently as in now, Something wrong was going on, More pink screen flickering and this time it has been taking weird effects on my desktop too like I am seeing like pink fades on the corners of my screen , I am seeing some pink lines on the top of my browser, And there would be alot of visual bugs and flickering really

I don't even know why it happened or why its happening now but its strange it just started last sunday since the laptop was working just fine, The only other bizzare thing that is probably not related is that I remember my laptop's touchpad not working then I had to instnatly restart only for the thing to bluescreen and when it bluescreened windows suddenly wanted to update and then I updated it, Again its probably not related

But its still strange that its doing this now and its related to firefox than anything else (Possibly) I don't know whats the deal honestly

Lutfij

Titan
my laptop
Can you please state the make and model of your laptop? An SKU to it would help us two fold. Also, might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Following that, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest driver sourced from GPU makers support site.

Sep 2, 2022
my laptop
Can you please state the make and model of your laptop? An SKU to it would help us two fold. Also, might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Following that, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest driver sourced from GPU makers support site.
Its a ASUS TUF GAMING FX505 GE

Also there was one update but it was a preview and I did update it, Also I already have nvidia drivers reinstalled I am not sure about the intel one on the other hand, The manufacturer OEM version is older than the one official from intel

So far I updated my windows 10 and disabeled hardware acceleration on firefox and so far there is nothing but I see a pink reflective line ontop of each window of mine

Anything game related is fine even high spec ones, I am still confused over why it would do this all of the sudden

Edit: Just happened again currently flickering on this site in pink, I can't take a picture of it so that indicates it has to be a monitor problem I guess blacking it out seems to stop it a bit then it comes back, And it seems to have much more problems with light pages (Doesn't mean it would do that to dark pages too) also minimzing the pages a bit and stretching to fit also helps for the thing to not freak out and so on. Some of the games do get affected by this so I have to do things like decreasing the brightness (I guess) or setting the window size correctly, I can notice some slight flickering too with some of the websites images I visit

I am not sure if its a display driver or a monitor problem

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you hook up an external panel and see if the issue persists there as well? As for browsers, what have you tried apart from Firefox? You might want to backup all your critical content while you're still able to get into your OS GUI. I'd look into a reinstall of the OS if disabling extensions in browsers, reinstalling your GPU drivers, and also making sure your OS is not pending updates.

Sep 2, 2022
Can you hook up an external panel and see if the issue persists there as well? As for browsers, what have you tried apart from Firefox? You might want to backup all your critical content while you're still able to get into your OS GUI. I'd look into a reinstall of the OS if disabling extensions in browsers, reinstalling your GPU drivers, and also making sure your OS is not pending updates.
Well there are no results with edge so far

I have already updated my OS to the latest including the preview, I am not sure about reinstalling my OS I have reinstalled the thing like last month since I was dealing with another problem and that turned out because directx was broken, I still have yet to find a monitor to plug my laptop in, I have a dell rotating monitor but I am not sure if I am able to plug it into my laptop, I feel like the most possible thing to this is reinstalling the GPU since turns out my intel driver version is 25.20 and I am not sure if installing an non manufacturer OEM is a good idea or not, Infact can it be possible for the GPU to suddenly act like this? I mean for nvidia the thing is working fine and even with some of the games I don't see that very thin line ontop of my desktop

Lutfij

Titan
Drivers can be the root of the problem but you also need to understand that drivers are there to allow the device to communicate with the OS...a handshake if you will. If there's anything off on the drivers or even the OS(due to corruption, it happens) then you see anomalies pop up.

Sep 2, 2022
So there is a chance that it might be driver related too? Well as for the flickering can it be an anomaly itself? Like I see the pink the line that appears ontop of my laptop?

Still will it be worth the risk to try and install the up to date drivers from intel despite not being manufacturer OEM? Can it kind of mess around with games and other things?

I mean the only thing that can kind of confirm its a screen problem is how I wasn't able to take a picture of the anomaly but it also might be display related too/

Update: Was using astropad a software that turns your ipad into a drawing tablet, And I noticed something when I was browsing around with it, There was no pink line ontop, I can't tell if its astropad recording through the USB but there wasn't a pink line can that be enough confirmation?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022
Did you find that external panel to hook your laptop up to?

I wasn't able to take a picture of the anomaly
Please elaborate.
Can barely even find a wire to plug the monitor in somehow, Does it just turn on when I plug my laptop hdmi? Does astropad count? Its an app that turns your ipad into a drawing tablet, And I remember plugging the thing in and I noticed that the pink line is now gone

Also I meant by I wasn't able to take a picture by the fact when taking a picture of it through something like snipping tool it would just show me a normal image instead of the usual glitchy one.