Pinnacle 8 won't open files

I bought Studio 8 because I thought it would work better than my MGI Video
Wave 3 that I've had for 4 years. When I tried to import .avi and .mpeg
from MGI the files wouldn't open. I read on this forum something about
different codecs and avi one and avi two. So then I tried to recreate a
..mpeg using S8 for capture and rendering. When I try to import the file it
still gives me a won't open file. Is there something silly here that I
don't get?

I had that problem recently, Pinnacle won't open Windows Movie Maker AVI's
but go to
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.asp
download the free file. I hope that is what you need

I discovered that WMM latest version has the easiest way to create credits I
have seen. That's why I needed the conversion prog.

Margaret

Remove giggling if replying by email

"Margaret Willmer" <margaret@gigglingwillmer.org.uk> wrote in message
> I had that problem recently, Pinnacle won't open Windows Movie Maker AVI's
> but go to

http://www.canopus.com/US/products/DV_file_converter/pm_dv_file_converter.as
> download the free file. I hope that is what you need
>
> I discovered that WMM latest version has the easiest way to create credits
> have seen. That's why I needed the conversion prog.
>
> Margaret

Thanks, I had tried that without success.

Bob

2nd post
I don't know if it tells you anything, but Canopus says that it can't open
the .avi file or the Pinnacle .mpeg file either. But both will open in
Windows Media Player. Weird.
Bob