Pinnacle Liquid or Adobe Primere

I would like some opinions on both of these editing system. Just software
only versions not the pro versions. What you like dis-like about each
product. I will be using firewire from my video camera to my computer. I
have had change to work a little with Liquid but not Premiere I am a Newbie
but the learning care part will not bother me.

Dear Ken and group,
I have Premiere 6.5 on my slower machine (PII450 and WXP home) and Pinnicals
DV500 card and Premeire Pro 1.5 on my faster laptop which has WXP home and
P4 2.53GHz and 512mb of system ram.
I have a USP/FIREWIRE 40GB 7200 external hard drive to transfer the captured
files from the slow mach to the faster on for I am still in the analogue
world. I just finished 15 hour class in PPRO1.5 and really like it.
The files captured on P6.5 work on PPRO1.5 and after working on them also
work on the slower machine for printing to SVHS, VHS or making DVDs. So I
feel I have the best of both. I did see a demo of Liquid and opted for the
above system. I feel I have the best all possible worlds _
Yours,
Tom