Pinnacle Studio 8.12.7.0

I'm using Pinnacle 8.12.7.0 to put together a home video with some
background music. I have done this in the past with success, but I just ran
into a very interesting problem that I hope can be answered here.

I captured my video as .avi through pinnacle. I then did my editing and so
forth, and then I added some .mp3 music tracks to the background, on top of
the existing original audio. When I play the completed video through
pinnacle, it all sounds great, the volume levels of the existing audio, and
the added .mp3 tracks is perfect, and everything runs real smooth.

I then chose Make Movie, and then DISC, and I set it up to be burned to my
DVD recorder.

Well, it took a couple of hours to render as expected and it eventually
burned to DVD. Well to my surprise, when I went to play it in my computer
DVD player as well as my home DVD players, this is what happened.

The video starts perfect, but first of all, there is no existing audio, and
secondly, my the very last .mp3 track in my video starts playing first.
Then it ends, and that's it for background music. so now I have a
completely silent video.

Very strange to me since I have done this in the past with success. Once
again, my edited video played through pinnacle works great and everything is
in perfect order and sounds great.

Any comments or ideas? I am a bit disappointed after all this work to not
be able to burn it to DVD. But I am hoping it is something simple I am
overlooking.

Thanks

Terry G <terry.gaston@cox.net> wrote:
(snip)
: The video starts perfect, but first of all, there is no existing audio, and
: secondly, my the very last .mp3 track in my video starts playing first.
: Then it ends, and that's it for background music. so now I have a
: completely silent video.
(snip)

What I would try next is to use Pinnacle to make a file, but use another
program to burn the DVD.

BUT .. play the file first before you burn it .. just in case;-)

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

"Terry G" <terry.gaston@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm using Pinnacle 8.12.7.0 to put together a home video with some
> background music. I have done this in the past with success, but I just
ran
> into a very interesting problem that I hope can be answered here.
>
> I captured my video as .avi through pinnacle. I then did my editing and
so
> forth, and then I added some .mp3 music tracks to the background, on top
of
> the existing original audio. When I play the completed video through
> pinnacle, it all sounds great, the volume levels of the existing audio,
and
> the added .mp3 tracks is perfect, and everything runs real smooth.
>
> I then chose Make Movie, and then DISC, and I set it up to be burned to my
> DVD recorder.
>
> Well, it took a couple of hours to render as expected and it eventually
> burned to DVD. Well to my surprise, when I went to play it in my computer
> DVD player as well as my home DVD players, this is what happened.
>
> The video starts perfect, but first of all, there is no existing audio,
and
> secondly, my the very last .mp3 track in my video starts playing first.
> Then it ends, and that's it for background music. so now I have a
> completely silent video.
>
> Very strange to me since I have done this in the past with success. Once
> again, my edited video played through pinnacle works great and everything
is
> in perfect order and sounds great.
>
> Any comments or ideas? I am a bit disappointed after all this work to not
> be able to burn it to DVD. But I am hoping it is something simple I am
> overlooking.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I think you should try and record to DV tape if you can to see if the
program is working the way it should at the simplest output. All others will
take a lot more time then just rendering the effects and then sending to
tape... I hope you have Firewire in ....

I changed a setting in the Make Disc properties. I selected Automatic
instead of Full Quality (or something like that). I guess I just didn't
have enough room for all the video and music on the DVD. It works just
great now.

Thanks.