Pinnacle Studio 8 - video speed and importd MPEG 2. Help.

Archived from groups: pinnacle.misc,pinnacle.support,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

hi group,
Using my new 9800 All-in-Wonder I recorded some video
from CNN in MPEG2 format. Double clicked the
resulting file and it played fine. Then I launched
Pinnacle Studio 8.4.5 and imported the video for editing. Wanted
to test removing a scene or two and
re-encoding(saving) MPEG2. The resulting file there
are some video speed issues. The file is a 15 minute
long clip. The first 10 minutes have the video
speeding up and slowing down throughout the clip. The
audio sounds fine. I wouldn't have noticed the issue
except for the "news crawl" at the bottom of
the screen. In the original the clip is smooth and
fluid. Edit in Pinnacle and save (to mpg, wmv, avi,
etc...) then the first ten minutes of the clip have
this issue. Sounds to me like the video is getting
messed up in the import not the encoding? Thoughts?
Thing I can do to try to fix?

My Machine:
1 GB RAM
3.2 P4 (w/ Multithreading)
ATI 9800 All-in-Wonder

Thanks for your help, guidance, suggestions, etc.......
Kelly Greer
kellygreer1@nospam.com
change nospam to yahoo

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Kelly Greer" <kellygreer1@nospam.com> wrote:

>hi group,
>Using my new 9800 All-in-Wonder I recorded some video
>from CNN in MPEG2 format. Double clicked the
>resulting file and it played fine. Then I launched
>Pinnacle Studio 8.4.5 and imported the video for editing. Wanted
>to test removing a scene or two and
>re-encoding(saving) MPEG2. The resulting file there
>are some video speed issues. The file is a 15 minute
>long clip. The first 10 minutes have the video
>speeding up and slowing down throughout the clip. The
>audio sounds fine. I wouldn't have noticed the issue
>except for the "news crawl" at the bottom of
>the screen. In the original the clip is smooth and
>fluid. Edit in Pinnacle and save (to mpg, wmv, avi,
>etc...) then the first ten minutes of the clip have
>this issue. Sounds to me like the video is getting
>messed up in the import not the encoding? Thoughts?
>Thing I can do to try to fix?
>
>My Machine:
>1 GB RAM
>3.2 P4 (w/ Multithreading)
>ATI 9800 All-in-Wonder
>
>Thanks for your help, guidance, suggestions, etc.......
>Kelly Greer
>kellygreer1@nospam.com
>change nospam to yahoo

Saving the file as NTSC or PAL might have something to do with this
problem as they both have different frame rates.

Regards Brian