pinnacle studio 9 crashing

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hello all:
I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)

Vexed
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:37:18 GMT, REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca wrote:

>Hello all:
>I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
>studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
>soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
>just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
>comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
>Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>
>Vexed

Of the various problems I've had, that was not one of them. But the
latest update put out by Pinnacle for Studio 9 is 9.0.8, and that has
solved my dropped frames problem. First thing to do is (if your
version is earlier) go to the pinnacle web site and download this
update. Ken
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

take it back as soon as you can.
<REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:406888F9.CD93021D@shaw.ca...
> Hello all:
> I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
> studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
> soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
> just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
> comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
> Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>
> Vexed
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Be sure to pick up all updates that Pinnacle releases for Studio 9.
Also check out their online forum for help. Their forum is good.

Jack Hackney, Jr
<REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:406888F9.CD93021D@shaw.ca...
> Hello all:
> I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
> studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
> soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
> just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
> comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
> Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>
> Vexed
>
 

mark

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
2,613
0
20,780
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Are you trying to capture using USB or Firewire? If you're trying to use
USB, that's the problem. Studio 9 won't support USB v1.1 or v2.0.

http://www.newegg.com has lots of firewire cards for less than $20.
That's the way to go.

Good luck!

Mark



Jack Hackney, Jr wrote:
> Be sure to pick up all updates that Pinnacle releases for Studio 9.
> Also check out their online forum for help. Their forum is good.
>
> Jack Hackney, Jr
> <REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:406888F9.CD93021D@shaw.ca...
>
>>Hello all:
>>I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
>>studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
>>soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
>>just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
>>comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
>>Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>>
>>Vexed
>>
>
>
>
 

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1,573
0
19,780
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

It is normal for studio to crash. It is normal to lose several weeks worth
of inspired creative work. It is also normal to lose at least another week
trying to "fix" studio by reinstalling/reconfiguring one or more otherwise
rock-solid Dell workstations (precision 350 and 360). Is it a computer
literacy problem on my part? Perhaps I've spent too much time away from
windows configuring and building custom Linux kernels. Anyway, I have put
everything else aside, and dedicated my life to getting studio to work on my
PC. Please observe the sarcasm in the previous sentence.


<REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:406888F9.CD93021D@shaw.ca...
> Hello all:
> I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
> studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
> soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
> just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
> comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
> Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>
> Vexed
>
 

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
1,371
0
19,280
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca wrote:

>Hello all:
>I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
>studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
>soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
>just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
>comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
>Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
>
>Vexed

You need to download Pinnacles latest patch that fixes many problems.
The patch was released on 29th March and claims to fix a lot of
problems.

Regards Brian
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I just bought and installed Studio 9, too. I had used Studio 8 and found
that:

1. It is very easy to use and learn and has most of the features I need
in a video editor
2. It is too unstable to use. Waste of money

I'm hoping that Studio 9 is different. It sounds like from your experience
it isn't. I will be evaluating for myself in the next few days. If it
crashes like Studio 8 did, I'll be asking for my money back. If it works,
I'll be singing its praises!



"Rob" <rob@hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:ceFac.1207$uc5.2813@news1.mts.net...
> It is normal for studio to crash. It is normal to lose several weeks worth
> of inspired creative work. It is also normal to lose at least another week
> trying to "fix" studio by reinstalling/reconfiguring one or more otherwise
> rock-solid Dell workstations (precision 350 and 360). Is it a computer
> literacy problem on my part? Perhaps I've spent too much time away from
> windows configuring and building custom Linux kernels. Anyway, I have put
> everything else aside, and dedicated my life to getting studio to work on
my
> PC. Please observe the sarcasm in the previous sentence.
>
>
> <REMOVEvexedviking@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:406888F9.CD93021D@shaw.ca...
> > Hello all:
> > I hope someone here can help me out . I just recently picked up Pinnacle
> > studeo 9. My problem is when I Try to capture video my machine crashes
> > soon as I pick the tab capture video. Whats up with that?? I must say
> > just fiddling around with the software with the example video that it
> > comes with , I find it to be very user friendly.
> > Now if I could only get the damn thing to capture without the crash :)
> >
> > Vexed
> >
>
>
 

igor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003
112
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> 2. It is too unstable to use. Waste of money

Yep.

>
> I'm hoping that Studio 9 is different.

Yes. It has all-new bugs, much different from Studio 8.

> If it crashes like Studio 8 did, I'll be asking for my money back.

You won't get it.

> If it works, I'll be singing its praises!

Make sure it works for more then one project.


I think that Studio is the worst product on the market. I have tried
everything, nothing is as bad as this. Do not spend more money on it.
Get Premiere or Vegas, they are both good and get this... You install
it... AND IT WORKS!!! I wonder how they do that, just like that, out
of the box.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On 7 Apr 2004 14:57:26 -0700, igarber@optonline.net (Igor) wrote:

>Get Premiere or Vegas, they are both good and get this... You install
>it... AND IT WORKS!!! I wonder how they do that, just like that, out
>of the box.

That is what one should expect -same as one would expect a crash from
Studio.