Question Pinout help for Thermaltake aRGB 6pin fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2019
Anyone know pinout for those 6pin aRGB fans provided by Thermaltake, i need to do some soldering to control fan speed via mobo, and not sure about pin placement. Thank you

Jan 7, 2020
They provide those 3 aRGB fans in case with some lousy controller. All in all bad, but i figure out pinout and successfully plug 12v and Grnd into mobo. DIY case and fans 😂😂😂
What pins did you use ? I have the same problem.. Also did you get it to work with speed settings.. :D

Dec 21, 2019
What pins did you use ? I have the same problem.. Also did you get it to work with speed settings.. :D
You will find only one grey wire, it's 12v and one closest to it is ground. They are 2 wires farest on left or right side of connector. Just rewire and solder to nylon 3 pin without 3rd pin (it is tacho, you don't need it for operation). You will have speed control via DC but cannot view rpm from bios or windows. My fans work great and silent now, fully controllable via bios.

Reactions: Kstrom
Jan 7, 2020
You will find only one grey wire, it's 12v and one closest to it is ground. They are 2 wires farest on left or right side of connector. Just rewire and solder to nylon 3 pin without 3rd pin (it is tacho, you don't need it for operation). You will have speed control via DC but cannot view rpm from bios or windows. My fans work great and silent now, fully controllable via bios.
Thanks, I got it to work..

Reactions: jzma
Status
Not open for further replies.