Pins and motherboard connecters

xdrew1212

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
So first of all I’m a teen and I was building a $2000 rig when I installed the ram cpu cpu cooler and added the mb on the case now I put most of the connectors and I still have some left over with nowhere to put them my questions are

1.can I damage any parts if I put the wires in wrong spots on the mb
2.is it bad to have some left over cables with nowhere to put them
3.what software is available if it boots to test all the parts and CPu temp etc
4.is it bad to have some cable running through the top of the mb to the bottom

Thanks

Solution
Well no you cant damage the board if you left some wires unplugged(not all the wires from the PSU goes into the motherboard) The main ones are the CPU and Motherboard then comes the HDD and GPU

if you plugged in everything correct then the system will turn on fans running and you will see the boot screen the logo of your motherobard

Need to know what parts you have and if possible provide us the images of your system so that we can see whats connected and whats not

xdrew1212

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

Thanks so if there is say 6 4 pin connectors on my mb and I plug in a fan too one and a cpu cooler to another it won’t damage the pc or are they supposed to go in specific spots and is there any software to see my cpu temp and ram like just detailed info about the pc

Thanks and I’m not sure how to send photos on this site

no it wont damage it
you can check the CPU temp in Bios or when the system running you can use different softwares like CPUZ for CPU and GPUZ for GPU
and HWmonitor for all in one

Solution