[SOLVED] Pioneer APS-SE20G-2T or HP EX950 NVME for my system

doveman

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
I've got a 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVME and wanted to replace it with a 2TB one and give the 1TB one to my Dad. The only two decent TLC drives I can find at the moment for an almost reasonable price (£240-250) are these two
https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/HP-EX950-NVMe-PCIe-M2-2TB-vs-APS-SE20G-2T-2TB/m710813vsm853157

I'll be using it as a game drive, so once stuff's installed there won't be much writing to it but Microsoft's new flight sim streams the scenery from the cloud, so that might be constantly writing whilst I'm playing that. The HP has 79% faster sequential read speed and 31% faster write speed but would the Pioneer's "Hugely faster mixed IO speed" provide any benefit in my scenario?

Solution
Don't rely on UserBenchmark.

The EX950 will have faster loading times. Slightly. It's the better game drive. In fact it's exactly what I use for a dedicated games drive. I have worked with the Pioneer as well - it's a typical E12-based drive.
Don't rely on UserBenchmark.

The EX950 will have faster loading times. Slightly. It's the better game drive. In fact it's exactly what I use for a dedicated games drive. I have worked with the Pioneer as well - it's a typical E12-based drive.

Reactions: doveman
Solution