[SOLVED] Pioneer VSX-534. Sound cut off every 10-15 minutes or so

iAmFrank

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2012
I’ve got the Pioneer vsx-534 hookup to my pc via a optical cable. Randomly the sound cut off mid-game, music or even on youtube for around 2-3 seconds only and come back after. I’ve search a little bit about my problem online but can’t find anything related. Here’s my PC setup if it can help.
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Motherboard : Asus Strix Z370-E
  • PowerSupply : 1000Watt EVGA Gold+ G3
  • CPU : i7 8700k 3.7GHz
  • Ram: TridentZ 16Gb 3200Ghz
  • VideoCard : RTX 2080 XC EVGA 8gb
  • Corsair WaterCooling H115i
  • 1.5Tb HDD 7200 RPM
  • 256GB SSD 6GB/S OCZ
  • 256GB SSD 6GB/S Samsung 840
  • 250GB M.2 SSD Samsung 960 Evo
  • Case: Razer H440 NZXT

Last edited:
Solution
Is this a new box? Does it have latest firmware? Use another Optical Port?

Optical ports sometimes are finicky, you must make sure is plugged in ALL THE WAY. Sometimes the jack is very hard and you almost feel like breaking the thing before the plug will sit in all the way. A positive click is a good sign.

If there is a format problem it wouldn't work at all, not this intermittent stuff.

Optical ports sometimes are finicky, you must make sure is plugged in ALL THE WAY. Sometimes the jack is very hard and you almost feel like breaking the thing before the plug will sit in all the way. A positive click is a good sign.

If there is a format problem it wouldn't work at all, not this intermittent stuff.

Solution

iAmFrank

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2012

Yes it's a Brand new Box, I did take a closer look since you said it might be very hard to push completely in. I never really used any optical cable before, I forgot to remove the small rubber protector from the tip of each end of the cable.. it might fix my problem. ha ha ha :rolleyes:😑

Hopefully it will work now.
Thanks

sku_21423_2.jpg

iAmFrank

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2012
How did you even manage to fit the cables in the slots with the protectors on? Odd that you managed to even fit them in the slots and got any audio at all.
The photo is from the internet, the one I have is from Amazon Basic. They are really small cap, that's why I didn't saw them. they were smaller then the connector, so it was fitting in the slot also they were transparent, probably the reason i had sound.