Question "Pirates Buster for e-book/Application (Decoder for Eisys)" taking up lots of space and cannot uninstall

LeopardStrike

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
Hello all.

So this is a program I've seen on my computer a long time ago, and I think it used to take up a relatively low amount of space, and thought it was not important.

I was just optimizing windows and cleaning up files when I noticed this in both the Windows Settings -> Storage and Control Panel, that this "program" is taking up 30.1 GB on my main drive (which is only a ~118 GB SSD, yikes!).

I tried uninstalling it through both places and it gives me this error "-5005 0x80070002 -> Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications..." (screenshot included) and does not allow me to uninstall.
I even tried using Microsoft's force-uninstaller program and when I use that, it doesn't even list the weird Pirates Buster anywhere, also I can't find the file on my drive so I'm guessing it's hidden somewhere.

Lastly, I cannot seem to find anyone else having this issue with this program, so googling didn't help me. Does anyone have any advice on pinpointing this problem? I'd appreciate it as this is taking up literally 1/4 of my SSD!

kanewolf

Titan
Hello all.

So this is a program I've seen on my computer a long time ago, and I think it used to take up a relatively low amount of space, and thought it was not important.

I was just optimizing windows and cleaning up files when I noticed this in both the Windows Settings -> Storage and Control Panel, that this "program" is taking up 30.1 GB on my main drive (which is only a ~118 GB SSD, yikes!).

I tried uninstalling it through both places and it gives me this error "-5005 0x80070002 -> Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications..." (screenshot included) and does not allow me to uninstall.
I even tried using Microsoft's force-uninstaller program and when I use that, it doesn't even list the weird Pirates Buster anywhere, also I can't find the file on my drive so I'm guessing it's hidden somewhere.

Lastly, I cannot seem to find anyone else having this issue with this program, so googling didn't help me. Does anyone have any advice on pinpointing this problem? I'd appreciate it as this is taking up literally 1/4 of my SSD!
It sure seems like a virus to me. "Trinitiy Security Systems Inc" Doesn't seem to exist. www.trinity-ss.com doesn't exit.
Have you tried malwarebytes? It may take a clean install to remove it.

LeopardStrike

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
It sure seems like a virus to me. "Trinitiy Security Systems Inc" Doesn't seem to exist. www.trinity-ss.com doesn't exit.
Have you tried malwarebytes? It may take a clean install to remove it.

I have tried a full scan with malwarebytes and windows defender (which took hours) and it did not detect it at all.
I will try with another anti-virus/malware program "Kaspersky" soon but am doubtful that it'll detect it if the other 2 haven't.

TRENDING THREADS