Pirates stupid question

OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

"The Great Wah" <tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote in message
> OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
> WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
> I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
> of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
> tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
> had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
> if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

I found the key on the inside of the front cover of the manual. No sticker
either, it was just typed on there. Funny thing about my manual though was
that the front cover was put on upside down! I wonder if that's a common
error.

On 9 Apr 2005 19:53:33 -0700, "The Great Wah"
<tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote:

>OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
>WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
>I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
>of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
>tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
>had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
>if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

It should be on the manual cover -- inside usually. If it isn't
there, check the CD packaging (envelope or jewel case). On the off
chance that it truly isn't present, contact Atari and they should be
able to get you a new key.

On 9 Apr 2005 19:53:33 -0700, "The Great Wah"
<tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote:

>OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
>WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
>I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
>of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
>tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
>had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
>if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

If these bonehead publishers are going to insist on keycodes at least
be concise and clear as to where and which code to enter - morons. I
bought Silent Hunter III (Ubisoft) a few days ago and they had the key
code on the inside of the DVD case but they had a second series of
numbers printed right below the code that was not part of the code at
all. How is the customer supposed to know which series of numbers is
the actual code? They both looked exactly the same so of course the
first code I entered was wrong and had to do it over again with the
other numbers.
Then there are the idiot companies that don't tell you not to enter
the dashes and then there are the idiot companies that don't tell you
to enter the dashes. This one required the dashes but they didn't tell
you that. Sometimes you enter the dashes, sometimes you don't, argh!
Only EA gets it right by always putting the code for their games in
the exact same spot on the back of the cd case and when you enter the
code it automatically moves to the next entry box when you have
entered the correct amount of alpha-numeric code. Get a clue game
publishers!

Doodles

I found it finally, and it was right where Jeffry and NightSky said: on the
inside cover. I could have sworn I looked there, but it was late and I was
frustrated. Thanks everyone.

Good game so far...but then, I'm playing on the lowest level.

"The Great Wah" <tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote in message
> OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
> WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
> I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
> of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
> tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
> had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
> if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:25:03 GMT, "doodles"
<tomfulton53nospammer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I found it finally, and it was right where Jeffry and NightSky said: on the
>inside cover. I could have sworn I looked there, but it was late and I was
>frustrated. Thanks everyone.
>
>Good game so far...but then, I'm playing on the lowest level.

The lowest level is an easy tutorial sort of level. It isn't easy
to lose a fight on it. I think that is a good thing, because for new
players, especially younger children, having a level which isn't
frustrating opens the game up for everyone.

The difficulty levels quickly go up. The two reflex-driven action
bits, swordfights and dancing, both are well worth practicing (with
the light-up guides to the next moves) before you go up in difficulty.

>"The Great Wah" <tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote in message
>> OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
>> WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
>> I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
>> of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
>> tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
>> had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
>> if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.

Doodles

How about codes that fail to make a clear distinction between zeroes and the
letter "O"? Or between a 1 and a lower-case "L"?

My first copy of Diablo 2 had a CD key printed in some kind of ink that wore
off, so I lost it and had to buy a new copy just to get a good CD key.

"Aldwyn Edain" <ae@invalid.email> wrote in message
> On 9 Apr 2005 19:53:33 -0700, "The Great Wah"
> <tomfulton@mentor-communications.com> wrote:
>
> >OK, I want to admit right away that this is probably a stupid question:
> >WHERE in the Sid Meier's Pirates packages is the damn CD key located?
> >I can't find it on the CD package, the box, the manual, the map or any
> >of the other stuff that came with the game, and the instructions don't
> >tell you where to look for it. I bought this cheap from CompUSA (it
> >had been returned, consqeuently it was previoiusly opened)...I wonder
> >if the previous user absconded with the CD key. Thanks in advance.
>
> If these bonehead publishers are going to insist on keycodes at least
> be concise and clear as to where and which code to enter - morons. I
> bought Silent Hunter III (Ubisoft) a few days ago and they had the key
> code on the inside of the DVD case but they had a second series of
> numbers printed right below the code that was not part of the code at
> all. How is the customer supposed to know which series of numbers is
> the actual code? They both looked exactly the same so of course the
> first code I entered was wrong and had to do it over again with the
> other numbers.
> Then there are the idiot companies that don't tell you not to enter
> the dashes and then there are the idiot companies that don't tell you
> to enter the dashes. This one required the dashes but they didn't tell
> you that. Sometimes you enter the dashes, sometimes you don't, argh!
> Only EA gets it right by always putting the code for their games in
> the exact same spot on the back of the cd case and when you enter the
> code it automatically moves to the next entry box when you have
> entered the correct amount of alpha-numeric code. Get a clue game
> publishers!

TRENDING THREADS