Question Pixel error when playing Rainbow Six Siege

Feb 24, 2019
Hello all,

Hope someone here will be able to help me or clear things up for me.

Whenever I launch Rainbow Six Siege I'll get a few (2-6, but mostly just 2) dead or stuck pixels after a few games or even minutes. They appear as white or sometimes green.

It seems to be triggered by Rainbow Six Siege. And Six Siege only. I can play Overwatch, Apex Legends, Rocket League etc etc for days without any form of pixel errors but it's guaranteed that they'll appear when launching Six Siege. The pixel errors will stay after quitting Siege. Sometimes it even takes a few reboots to get them away.

I've reached out to Nvidia and they suggested a few settings I could try. I didn't have much luck with that though. Ubisoft Support says it's a monitor issue because the pixel doesn't appear on in-game screenshots. I'm sure it is a monitor issue, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that it's only Six Siege that causes the problem. I've contacted AOC to see if I can use my 36 month warranty but I doubt it as it's only 2 common pixel errors and 4 more uncommon (they happen rarely) so I doubt I'll have much luck there. So I've basically just ordered a new monitor.

But the question is still valid. Why is Six Siege the only game that causes the pixel errors? Since I "fixed" the pixel errors this friday (by rebooting a lot) I haven't touched Six Siege, and I haven't had the errors at all, and I've been playing a lot of Apex Legends this weekend!

I really hope someone can clear this up for me. I'm not expecting any fixes (although it would be great obviously) but I'm just super curious why Siege seems to doom my monitor.

Thanks!

Sep 5, 2018
its likely to be to do with the actual copy of rainbow six you downloaded, my guess is that uninstalling and reinstalling the game will stop the problem, especially seeing as all the other games behave normally, meaning the monitor and graphics card are probably just fine.