[SOLVED] Pixel response time 144Hz

Solution
Ah, I had it backwards. So once again, this is not your tested monitor but stats from somewhere else?

Either way it seems typical. It is capable of 4ms GtG like most VA panels, but only under presets that prioritize that over everything else. From a few other VA panels I have read reviews for 6.8ms is not bad at all with no special settings.

Just about 1 frame at 144hz. Probably brings the total input lag up around 20ms, which is pretty good for any gaming monitor.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Against their claim of 1ms, looks pretty bad.

But I notice it is really close to 4ms for GtG when overdrive is off, which I recommend. All the overclocking of panels reintroduces ghosting and response time as clearly shown here. The difference between 144hz and 165hz isn't worth all that. But 4ms is close to what most VA panels at 144hz will claim as their response time. So I would say it is operating within spec.

Keep in mind they'll use any test they want under any conditions to get marketing numbers. MRPT stands for Motion Picture Response Time. I've not found much conclusive evidence on what they are actually measuring. But it is to do with motion blur and not traditional response times which you have measured.

Valentas

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
Against their claim of 1ms, looks pretty bad.

But I notice it is really close to 4ms for GtG when overdrive is off, which I recommend. All the overclocking of panels reintroduces ghosting and response time as clearly shown here. The difference between 144hz and 165hz isn't worth all that. But 4ms is close to what most VA panels at 144hz will claim as their response time. So I would say it is operating within spec.

Keep in mind they'll use any test they want under any conditions to get marketing numbers. MRPT stands for Motion Picture Response Time. I've not found much conclusive evidence on what they are actually measuring. But it is to do with motion blur and not traditional response times which you have measured.
I used google image translate, and i can say that GTG 6,8ms then overdrive off, so other is with low/Medium/Strong. And i saw some comments that overdrive gives overshoot like this
View: https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7456/16320517710_4856ffaf03_b.jpg

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm a little confused then. Are these benchmarks you are running, or images you are pulling off the internet?

6.8ms with overdrive set to strong?

Overshoot and worse ghosting is why I don't run my monitor over the base specification. I want that faster response time over more FPS, particularly since many of the titles I play I can't max out 144hz.

Valentas

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
I'm a little confused then. Are these benchmarks you are running, or images you are pulling off the internet?

6.8ms with overdrive set to strong?

Overshoot and worse ghosting is why I don't run my monitor over the base specification. I want that faster response time over more FPS, particularly since many of the titles I play I can't max out 144hz.
Overshoot image from internet just for example
i translated symbol meanings so
GTG
6,8ms off/ 6,3ms low/ 5,4ms medium/ 3,8ms strong

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Ah, I had it backwards. So once again, this is not your tested monitor but stats from somewhere else?

Either way it seems typical. It is capable of 4ms GtG like most VA panels, but only under presets that prioritize that over everything else. From a few other VA panels I have read reviews for 6.8ms is not bad at all with no special settings.

Just about 1 frame at 144hz. Probably brings the total input lag up around 20ms, which is pretty good for any gaming monitor.

Solution