Pixelated BSOD Crash

boystuff

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
ok so I recently setup a new system for myself.
Hardware as Follows
asus M4A785-M Motherboard
4GB DDR 2 Ram (dual stick)
Seagate 1 TB HDD Sata
Asus Dvdrw Sata
AMD Phenom II 6 1090T Black
stock heatsink
AMD Radeon HD 6850 Gfx Card
Linksys Wifi N dual band pci Card
Windows 7 Home Premium
Corsair 600W PSU
HDMI Out to my TV

ok the issue i'm getting is Heavy screen pixelation then Blue Screen memory Dump Crash. This issue actually tends to Happen only during Light Computer Usage (Itunes or FireFox) or system Idle.
Sometimes the system will go ALL day without issues but when i turn my TV on in the morning i'll have the "windows has recovered from a serious error message on screen. So it crashes at night, (Again at idle)

I live in WA the cold doesn't bug me much ambient room temperature ranges in the 65 degree range.

I have had 1 crash during Gaming

Self Tests i've done so far

1. reinstall OS (Obviously still having the issue)
2. change RAM to slots furthest from CPU (Still Crashes regardless of which dual slots i'm using)
3. Remove Pcie Gfx and tested with Onboard (Still Crashes using MOBO onboard GFX)
4. Tested Ram for several days in Seperate machine (Runs fine in seperate system)
5. Downloaded Seagates HDD test software HDD checks out Good.
6. Jumper Pin Reset on Mobo
Cpu/MB temps when Idle are in the low 30 Celsius Range, and 45-47 Celsius under full load gaming least thats what the asus pc probe II software is telling me.
(Will get more details Shortly Currently running 5 stage disk Check through windows but Installing HWmonitor after reboot)

after Several Crashes in a row the system will reboot and my monitor will show Nothing.. Black screen completely blank. Doesn't even get to the Bios load screen. I will have to unplug system and wait 5 minutes before it will boot fully.

i'm getting the impression that there is a problem with the Mobo. But i deffinately could use a few more opinions.

Thanks in advance

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
What is the error code on the BSOD? If you need, you can either press F8 before booting Windows and choose to not reboot on errors, or right-click on Computer->Properties->"Advanced System Settings" (on the left)->Settings under "Startup and Recovery"->untick "Automatically restart".

boystuff

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Previous Code error
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF88005220FFB, 0XFFFFF88002B23698, 0XFFFFF88002B22F00

DXGMMS1.SYS - ADDRESS FFFFF88005220FFB base at FFFFF88005200000

I recieved some troubleshooting advice and have currently set my Bios to 1.950 Volts and a manual timing of 5-5-5-12 Mode "Both"

last crash with the above codes happened prior to manually configuring Bios roughly 6pm yesterday

NEW Code error. 8:30am today
I'm starting to believe that the screen pixelation is because of the system lockup. however all my error codes seem to be memory related.

System has no instability issues when running 1 stick (either stick) RAM ran perfectly in my second desktop for severals days

Memory_Management Error

STOP 0x000001A

also I have yet to be able to install Windows 7 SP1 always fails and reverts back,

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
The 0x7E is a generic system error, but the 0xC0000005 suggests memory related, as would the next error. But as the memory seems to be fine, try the following: boot in safe mode, and seeing if it crashes then. If it does, it will probably be either a Windows update, or hardware. If it does not (which is more likely, I think), it will probably be drivers.