Question Pixelated Screen at random. Cause?

Nov 13, 2020
Hello,

My Computer sometimes has these very weird times when the screen starts flashing and gets pixelated (see image). This mostly happens after opening up a game.
After Installing new updated graphics drivers this issue seems to be less frequent.

Now im not sure if this is due to an outdated graphics card driver or if that might be a failing HDD causing that? (my PC sometimes does these weird grindy sounds, i dont know where they come from but they stop after like 1-3 seconds and happen maybe about once a day)

If someone can help me diagnose the Problem that would be very helpful.

I decided to blurr some things out. All the black is blurred. The "pixels" are these white dotty things.
4eJxK0l.jpg

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What is this GPU and how old is it (always give specs with questions)? Unfortunately, this is frequently a sign of the VRAM starting to fail. And if that's the case, there's little you can actually do about it other than an RMA if it's available.

Nov 13, 2020
Here are the specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450M PRO-VDH MAX

The PC (all parts) are actualy all pretty new, id say about 2 years old now.

Is there any way to check if the VRAM is failing? Could it be something else, or is it possible to check if its something else?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Here are the specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450M PRO-VDH MAX

The PC (all parts) are actualy all pretty new, id say about 2 years old now.

Is there any way to check if the VRAM is failing? Could it be something else, or is it possible to check if its something else?

Not really. The best thing to do is RMA.

Incidentally, what's the exact PSU? Lots of people slowly kill their GPUs with low-quality PSUs.

Nov 13, 2020
Okay i havent found the info on my PSU yet, but im looking. Ill update this here as soon as a find the PSU model.
I cant look in my PC because the PSU is mounted in such a view that i cant read anything on it.

What i did find is the following:

The GPU is a 8GB Powercolor RX 5700 Red Dragon DDR6 (retail) card and the whole pc is not even a year old (bought parts and build it 03.2020)