Question Placing USB wireless adapter near electronic stuff?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hello i use usb wireless adapter tp link TL-WN722N for my PC and i tried to get more signal so i use usb extender and place it on the top of my pc cases. My question is its fine to place usb wireless adapter near electronic stuff like tv, monitor or even on the top of computer cases ?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Thats what i am worried about interference. I am planning to place it on the top of my computer, but do i need to place layer on it?
So its should be like this Top to bottom :
USB wireless adapter
layer (box or something)
and my computer

Sorry for my english, i hope you could understand.

It is not very common that the computer causes interference. The metal case of the computer will block most signals if they even exist from causing issues. Most the problems with putting USB in the back of the computer are more that the motherboard and case block the signals not that they are generating radio signals that interfere.

I would not worry much about it just put it on top of the case and it will work fine. If you are at all worried a piece of aluminum foil almost completely blocks all wifi signals. The signals are easily blocked. Your microwave oven works on the same radio frequency at wifi and puts out 1000 times the power. No signal gets through the coating on the glass that you can see through.

Reactions: PeyoteFTW