[SOLVED] Plan on buying a new case + mobo, any precautions I need to take? New to PC Building.

Zachattack5449

Honorable
Jan 16, 2016
Hello all!

I am planning to buy a new case and a new motherboard in order to install a new processor. I am brand new to PC building and the most I have done is install an SSD. Are there any tips and tricks long-time PC builders know to be safer and more efficient?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I dont't have the most PC building experience, but make sure to find a case with the correct number of USB slots :) many people make mistakes with this, and also make sure there is enough room in the case for the power supply, motherboard, GPU, and all of the goodies. One final thing: when transferring the processor to the new motherboard, be VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE IT! The tiniest mishaps can potentially ruin your CPU and thats (obviously) not good. Tl;Dr, be careful transferring everything and make sure the size of the case is good :)
Feb 14, 2019
I dont't have the most PC building experience, but make sure to find a case with the correct number of USB slots :) many people make mistakes with this, and also make sure there is enough room in the case for the power supply, motherboard, GPU, and all of the goodies. One final thing: when transferring the processor to the new motherboard, be VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE IT! The tiniest mishaps can potentially ruin your CPU and thats (obviously) not good. Tl;Dr, be careful transferring everything and make sure the size of the case is good :)

Solution