[SOLVED] Plan to buy the motherboard

danishfaridi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012
Hello Team,
I Just building my new PC i just buy the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor
and i buy the asus B450 F motherboard but the did not work with my CPU the board did not do the POST after the bios update with the latest version we need to restart the board for the post so i return that board and now in my area only Asrock b450 steel legend is the only board available that have a onboard Ryzen 3000 ready but i an concern about the asrock performance
and is asrock is good in motherboards
for future proof, I need Help guys

Thanks.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just a quick one, are you sure the previous motherboard came with the correct BIOS? The B450 chipset (excluding some MSI models) requires a BIOS update to run the Ryzen 3rd gen.

The same will be for the AsRock.

Also there is nothing wrong with ASRock, excellent boards still. But I suspect, if the above BIOS wasn't installed, then the motherboard was perfectly functional :)

danishfaridi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012
Just a quick one, are you sure the previous motherboard came with the correct BIOS? The B450 chipset (excluding some MSI models) requires a BIOS update to run the Ryzen 3rd gen.

The same will be for the AsRock.

Also there is nothing wrong with ASRock, excellent boards still. But I suspect, if the above BIOS wasn't installed, then the motherboard was perfectly functional :)
They come with the older bios the seller did the update the latest version of the bios which is Version 2704 release date 2019/08/28