[SOLVED] What is a good temp for this?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
Hi all

I have a computer with the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF (AM4)
RAM: 16GB
GRAPHICS: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (MSI)

I recently bought the game Planet Coaster. Even when I haven't done much and I've only played for like 10-20 minutes my computer is hitting 60-65 degrees. What is a good temp for this game? When should I worry about my temperatures getting too high? It should be noted I haven't really done much in game, only built a few paths and a coaster. I have no doubt it would continue to increase
Note I have six fans, I don't know how to control them or anything like that as I'm new to the whole computer system. I have 2 installed up the top, one at the back and then 3 at the front.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Hi all

I recently bought the game Planet Coaster. Even when I haven't done much and I've only played for like 10-20 minutes my computer is hitting 60-65 degrees. What is a good temp for this game? When should I worry about my temperatures getting too high? It should be noted I haven't really done much in game, only built a few paths and a coaster. I have no doubt it would continue to increase
Note I have six fans, I don't know how to control them or anything like that as I'm new to the whole computer system. I have 2 installed up the top...

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hi all

I have a computer with these specs:

I recently bought the game Planet Coaster. Even when I haven't done much and I've only played for like 10-20 minutes my computer is hitting 60-65 degrees. What is a good temp for this game? When should I worry about my temperatures getting too high? It should be noted I haven't really done much in game, only built a few paths and a coaster. I have no doubt it would continue to increase, and since I know nothing about computer temperatures or anything like that I don't know what to expect.

Note I have six fans, I don't know how to control them or anything like that as I'm new to the whole computer system. They are constantly running (but in a normal way if that makes sense, they're not loud or anything they just turn on when I turn the PC on). I have 2 installed up the top, one at the back and then 3 at the front. I don't even know if my GPU fans turn on, they are located at the bottom but I don't know how to get them to turn on? Am I just being a noob?

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Where did you get the computer? Fans are, of course, important for cooling, but if not correctly installed then the airflows may not be fully effective. Heat is not conducted away as it should be or perhaps not fast enough.

2 fans on top and 3 in the front could do just that. The front fans push air in faster than the 2 top fans can exhaust the air. Bottlenecks and heats up.

Do you know what case is being used? Are you able to open the case to show the internal arrangement?

Maybe post a couple of pictures:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

The idea being that some of the PC builder's that frequent this forum will be able to take a look and make suggestions.

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Where did you get the computer? Fans are, of course, important for cooling, but if not correctly installed then the airflows may not be fully effective. Heat is not conducted away as it should be or perhaps not fast enough.

2 fans on top and 3 in the front could do just that. The front fans push air in faster than the 2 top fans can exhaust the air. Bottlenecks and heats up.

Do you know what case is being used? Are you able to open the case to show the internal arrangement?

Maybe post a couple of pictures:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

The idea being that some of the PC builder's that frequent this forum will be able to take a look and make suggestions.

I got the computer from PC Case Gear approximately one month ago.
Here is a list of specs:
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Airflow D-RGB Tempered Glass White
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler
Corsair Force Series MP510 240GB M.2 NVME SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM008 3.5in Hard Drive
Corsair RM750x Gold 750W Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit P2 USB Drive
MetallicGear Skiron D-RGB 120mm Fan x3
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with Wraith Spire
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio 8GB
Team T-Force Dark Za 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4

Heres a picture of internal arrangement, excuse glass reflection:
View: https://imgur.com/a/hvMV2gw

Thanks

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Hi all

Note I have six fans, I don't know how to control them or anything like that as I'm new to the whole computer system. I have 2 installed up the top, one at the back and then 3 at the front.

Thanks!
Hi, you should know that you really shouldn’t have to worry about CPU temps until they are about 80 degrees Celsius, with most CPU’s shutting down at 90 degrees Celsius. You have almost nothing to worry about until then, you actually have some pretty good temps for gaming.

Solution