Planned PC Build, Would like an overview

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Hello!

I'm researching some parts, and think I have my build ready. I'm on a pretty tight budget and plan to upgrade some of these parts (especially the cheapo motherboard) when I have the money.

I would like someone who has more experience than me (technically, that'd be ANY experience) to look over my parts list here and let me know if there are any issues... I used PC Part Picker to choose parts with the compatibility filter turned ON, however, before I make any purchases I'd like to be 100% sure everything is compatible - One thing I noticed, is the video card I've chosen requires a 2.0 PCI slot, while it works best with a 3.0, however I can't find any info on which type of PCI slot it has...

You can find the build here if it'd be easier to look at than me typing, but I'll type it out as well

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y9Dsqs

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-core
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
Vido Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2gb
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ ATX

EDIT: One thing I noticed, is that the video card had a review on newegg that said 8 hours of fallout 4 ruined the card... There were 8 verified owners of the card, 2 of them were bad. The first being the fallout 4 issues and the other saying the card fried after 3 months. I personally play Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 (similar specs) so I really need a card around the $150 range that can play them, the specs on this card seemed like it'd work, but I'd really like some personal opinions here.

Saint Grimm

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply! Not sure if you saw my edit or not, but I'm really hoping those 2 people just got a bad card and the chances of me getting one, would be the same as anyone else with any card lol. I'll look for a better power supply though :)

TRENDING THREADS