[SOLVED] Planning on changing the airflow

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, as someone suggested me, i should be changing my case airflow. Currently it has only the three fans at the front and the AIO fans as push-pull. I was thinking of doing one fan at the back of the case and the other fan at the top of the case. Maybe both of them on top, i cant decide what i will do.

Also, when i change their position, should i plug the fans to the corsair commander or should i let them plugged in the AIO controller? If i have to plug them to the commander, then there will be no fans connected to the AIO, so it won't have proper cooling (i guess, i am new to this), what should i do about it if that's the case?

Thank you guys in advance

Solution
here's the original thread.

The suggestion was to ADD a rear exhaust fan. Not remove one from your AIO and move it to the rear of the case.
The new fan can be connected to one of the fan headers on your mobo unless you want another RGB fan that's controlled by the commander pro, then plug it into that. Your mobo has RGB headers also.

In the original thread you said you have 3 fans in the front (H100i is a 2 fan 240mm radiator) which would sound like you've got two fans pushing into the radiator, and one fan below the rad that's unobstructed (this is good). But then you said you have the rad is push-pull, which means you've got fans on both sides of the rad.

The suggestion was to ADD a rear exhaust fan. Not remove one from your AIO and move it to the rear of the case.
The new fan can be connected to one of the fan headers on your mobo unless you want another RGB fan that's controlled by the commander pro, then plug it into that. Your mobo has RGB headers also.

In the original thread you said you have 3 fans in the front (H100i is a 2 fan 240mm radiator) which would sound like you've got two fans pushing into the radiator, and one fan below the rad that's unobstructed (this is good). But then you said you have the rad is push-pull, which means you've got fans on both sides of the rad.

Last edited:
Solution

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019

Exactly, but i dont have any fan. And i decided to move the thread to the cooling section because it no longer belongs to the graphics card section. I have both AIO fans on the radiator + the three fans up front.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Option 1 - BEST OPTION - Buy a new fan.

Option 2 - Move the lowest front fan (the one that's not connected to the rad) to the back as exhaust.
Well, i guess i will be mining ETH until i can afford it. But would it still make any difference in the temperatures? Like, will the temperatures drop drastically like 10ºC or even 5ºC?

Last edited:

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Looking at your PC specs (or the fact that you're looking to buy an RTX3080) doesn't lead one to think you can't afford a $15 case fan.

Yes, yes having an exhaust fan should/will improve your GPU temps considerably.
Will do, and i was joking about having to buy it with that, but i am mining that nowadays whenever i can