Build Advice Planning on swapping to an O11D Mini - need advice on configuration

Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I've got a new desk coming in soon so I've decided why not reinvigorate my setup and downsize? I'm planning on swapping cases from an Lancool II-X (original with RGB front panel) to an O11-D Mini. I'm planning on swapping my parts over but the smaller size of the case will need me to change some things.

So I'm going to be asking: how should I configure everything?

My current specs/config:
  • R9 3900X
  • MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
  • 32GB RAM
  • RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
  • 850W PSU
  • x2 M.2 SSD+1TB HDD
  • Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO mounted in intake push/pull

Now my questions that need to be answered:
  • How should I mount the AIO? I'm thinking of mounting it top but would that have enough clearance with an ATX board or would I need to swap to an mATX? Should I mount it as bottom intake?
  • What sort of fan configuration should I go for? x3 bottom intake is already logical but I'm also thinking of x2 side intake. Exhaust would be covered by the AIO if I'm top mounting
  • How exactly are the internals of the case and thermals?

Doing some research from what I found, I won't have any issues with clearance for the GPU and would be buying an MSI B550M Mortar if I have to swap for an mATX board.

I'm of course swapping to an SFX PSU as my current PSU would be too large.
What are your thoughts guys? I would like to know so I can plan it properly. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
AIO mount - top

Fans - you will need to go through the process of trial and error, some setups will net you favorable temps, while others won't

?? You mean to ask what you think of the layout/design of the case? If so, then yeah, it's got it's strengths and then it has it's weaknesses. Personally I don't like that case. I'm more into SFF system's and have invested a good amount on a custom made, bespoke chassis - Compact Splash.