Planning to build a new PC

DarkXaero

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
I have been planning to build a PC from quite a long time. After a lot of thinking, I have decided that I will go with this:

ASUS P5B Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Corsair CM2X1024-6400 1GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400
RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WBP Black
Ultra X-finity 600W

As for the rest of my components, I will use my existing ones. So is this a
good build?

Thanks,
DarkXaero

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Great computer, im warning you of crappy 50$ computer cases though. Your better off with the Mid size Chenming case for around 70$ The raidmax will be flimsy most likely and you will be able to cut yourself inside the case.

DarkXaero

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
I had that Raidmax case from a long time. I got it from my cousin for $20 otherwise I never would have bought it if I had a choice but since it was a good deal I decided to get it for $20. I have a few other questions as well.I am going to be using a 20GB PATA Drive as my primary drive for a short time because my other 200GB HDD doesn't work anymore and I have to send it using the warranty. So that isn't going to cause any problem,right?

Another question is that I plan to oc' the processor so is this mobo good for normal overclocking?
Since I am not planning to do any extreme overclocking, I was wondering if the Stock CPU fan will be able to handle the overclocking. I know I am going to get blasted for that but I only plan to slightly overclock the processor.

Edit:I just noticed that MonarchComputers is selling ASUS P5W DH Deluxe for $10 more than ASUS P5B Deluxe.Which one should I go for?

Thanks in advance,
DarkXaero