[SOLVED] Planning to build an effecient gaming pc with budget aorus rig

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Hello I am humbly coming up you pro people to please assist me a newbie builder with my rig i want, to play games, also to run a lot emulator i mean for 2-5 and without having a problem from the performance (laggy, getting high temps) like that, a little of editing just a little ,I am really confuse to what CPU to buy ryzen 5 3600/3600x or ryzen 7 2700/2700x. Im open any kind recommendations ! please do help me

Approximate Purchase Date: this month(december) or 2020 january

Budget Range: (650$ - 750$) no monitor included

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies, a little of editing, slight stream most like not to stream)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to buy: ALL brand NEW
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 12-Thread 3.6-4.2 ghz
GIGABYTE GA-B450 135PRO MOTHERBOARD
AORUS 16GB 2X8GB MEMORY 3200MHZ DDR4 RGB
SEAGATE HARDDISK DRIVE 2TB SATA
256gb Aorus RGB SSD M.2 NVMe
Seasonic Focus Gold 650FM, 650watt
Aorus C200G TG, atx, 2x120mm
AIO cooler please recommend me...

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
newegg.com, ncix.com ,amazon.com)

Parts Preferences: AMD / AORUS

Overclocking:
Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080, 144hz, 1ms) Acer Nitro VG270-p 27'' IPS gaming monitor

Additional Comments: (If fans can be silent that would be awesome but if it is a bit noisy its okay too)

The only parts I already have is Geforce 1070 gigabyte windforce 8gb ddr5

THANKS A LOT! have a great day <3

Last edited:
Solution
Your list is reasonable.
I like the case and the seasonic psu.

Some suggestions:
Use a single ssd for everything.
The intel 660P m.2 pcie drive is particularly cheap.
If you can manage the 2tb unit, good. Otherwise buy the 1tb drive and defer on the hard drive.
You can always add one later if you need to.

The 3600 comes with a decent cooler. I would use that and see how you do.
I do not like an aio cooler when you have a good air cooling case like you picked.
I would add a pair of 140mm front intakes since your case does not seem to come with them.

If you want a better air cooler, buy any of the noctua coolers, they are quiet, easy to mount and very effective.
The very best will be the dual tower NH-D15 or NH-D15s.
The single tower...

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Please stylize your post like that seen on this thread. We can move forward from there. Also, please include proper punctuation and spaces/paragraphs to aid in thread comprehension.

Your build looks alright but if possible we'd be looking at refining the build.
Im very sorry! i already fix it thank you so much!..
when you say refining can please tell me what i will change.
Please and thank you

Your list is reasonable.

Some suggestions:
If you can manage the 2tb unit, good. Otherwise buy the 1tb drive and defer on the hard drive.

I do not like an aio cooler when you have a good air cooling case like you picked.
I would add a pair of 140mm front intakes since your case does not seem to come with them.

If you want a better air cooler, buy any of the noctua coolers, they are quiet, easy to mount and very effective.
The single tower units will still be sufficient.

My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
Google for AIO leaks to see what can happen.
While unlikely, leaks do happen.

I would support an AIO cooler primarily in a space restricted case.
If one puts looks over function, that is a personal thing; not for me though.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler
like the Noctua NH-U12s or NH-NH-D15s.

Reactions: katnip.beyb
Solution

katnip.beyb

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Your list is reasonable.

Some suggestions:

You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler
Your list is reasonable.

Some suggestions:

Hello, first of all thank you so much for noticing my post and for that suggestion and that rant haha i was really planning to put a AIO cooler soon but when I read your rant i changed my mind real-quick . Moving on so you’re telling me to get rid of the HDD and put the 2tb (I will order it in amazon since my country don't sell that i hope its good) but my concern is that is m.2 pcie durable? I mean would it last a 5years life span or more I’ve read / heard that it also increase in temperatures . Enlightenment me please I dont have any idea

TRENDING THREADS