Plastic thing covering my sata ports

thiasulven

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
There are some kind of weird covers on my 4 other sata ports, I've tried wriggling, pulling. Looking on the internet for answers. But I can't find anything. Please help!

Solution
Picture yes!

Or at least the make and model motherboard.

Do you have the motherboard specifications and accompanying diagram. How are the "other 4" SATA ports labeled?

Could be non-functional placeholder SATA ports for future use. Removing the "weird cover(s) may not even be viable.

Not at all uncommon for manufacturer's to use the same design but then blanking out connection ports, reducing component costs in order to offer less expensive versions.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Do you have any pictures? "Weird cover" is something that's hard to help with.

Ralston18

Titan
Picture yes!

Or at least the make and model motherboard.

Do you have the motherboard specifications and accompanying diagram. How are the "other 4" SATA ports labeled?

Could be non-functional placeholder SATA ports for future use. Removing the "weird cover(s) may not even be viable.

Not at all uncommon for manufacturer's to use the same design but then blanking out connection ports, reducing component costs in order to offer less expensive versions.

Solution
I do recall seeing "protective" clear plastic covers on some old motherboard IDE connectors/ports, but I've never seen such on SATA ports/connectors. (Seems incredible the OP wouldn't have indicated the make/model of the motherboard.)

TRENDING THREADS