Platinum Games' 'Scalebound' Heads To PC, Latest Video Showcases Co-op Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionlydothis

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
I would be excited but Microsoft has absolutely zero positive history with managing their digital customers past purchases on PC. Every.Single.Time they do a platform change (GFWL, GFWL Marketplace, MSN Music, Zune, etc.) they screw over existing customers. I have 10 games that I cannot get to and cannot backup properly to play for what I purchased.

I won't be buying these on PC (at least at Windows 10 TERRIBLE store) unless they get broken for "piracy" so I know I'll be able to own what I purchased.

I actually want to play this and buy it, but Microsoft has crapped the bed far too much with PC users, not to mention gamers.

This looks like flashy, hot garbage. Who would want a main character commentating non-stop, revealing all the gimmicks, weaknesses, and strategies as you play?

Is there an option to shut it off? Who would want to do a Let's Play or live stream on twitch and get a word in? Seems ridiculous. The voice, the dialogue, and the voice acting are annoying. I guess that's anime style though so I dunno.

At this point, I'm turned off by it, and the whole windows store situation isn't exactly appealing. It'd be one of those titles you'd mark as "I'm interested" and then forget about for a year or so until an email reminder lets you know its on sale for practically nothing. Then you might take the risk, or the Store's matured by then and it's not so bad.

The bold part is unfortunately all too true.

Status
Not open for further replies.