Platinum Games' 'Vanquish' Arrives On Steam May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I wonder if they've done anything to rebalance the difficulty, because a shooter played with a keyboard/mouse is going to be A LOT easier than one played with a controller.

That's only true for 1st person shooters(?). For example, I gather Nier: Automata is actually a lot HARDER with mouse and keyboard.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Ehh, I disagree. I've played a few third-person shooters on console and PC, and they've generally been about the same difference in difficulty as FPS. If anything, third-person shooters are even further easier than first-person, because most third-person shooters that were designed for console first add some form of auto-aim.

Also, Nier: Automata is a hack-and-slash, not a shooter. Similarly, Dark Souls. These things are easier with controller because there's no fine aiming involved. You either need to just make sure your character is pointing in the right direction, or make sure your character is locked on to the right enemy. These things are easier on controller. But, any time you need to precisely aim, a mouse is allllllways going to be superior.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Ehh, being able to move (and especially dodge) in only eight directions with WASD is a pretty big handicap for me in DS games. I prefer controller. I prefer controller for anything third-person, really, unless it's a shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.