Play Audio through TV using 3.5mm to A/V cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2018
I have a HP laptop with Windows 8.1. I plug the 3.5mm side of the cable into the headphone jack on the PC, and the A/V side into the TV (Only red and white, no yellow). But no audio passes to the TV, and when I change the sound, the Windows Ding sound doesn't play to the TV.
PC: HP 2000 Notebook
TV: Hisense 32d33us

Solution
Two ways to do this:

1. Via HDMI.
2. Via Component. Look for a 5 cable connection, shine a flashlight on the back of the TV, it's all labeled, look for AUDIO-IN L+R, then use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect. Needless to say (1)U have to switch TV input to Component, and (2)You will get a blank screen because this is audio only.

Why the dickens you wanna play audio this way? (1)TV screen on doing nothing, (2)TVs built-in speaker low quality.
Two ways to do this:

1. Via HDMI.
2. Via Component. Look for a 5 cable connection, shine a flashlight on the back of the TV, it's all labeled, look for AUDIO-IN L+R, then use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect. Needless to say (1)U have to switch TV input to Component, and (2)You will get a blank screen because this is audio only.

Why the dickens you wanna play audio this way? (1)TV screen on doing nothing, (2)TVs built-in speaker low quality.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.