Play Cut the Rope Now in Your Browser With HTML5

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
So Microsoft thinks releasing games that are platform specific for IE will attract web developers when they are terrible at standards compliance, exploit web monopolies when they have them, and their browser is slow and exploit vulnerable, AND they are the only closed source browser in the race? (Safari as well, but who uses Safari?)

G

It's funny that the game won't even run on Chrome. It crashes immediately.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]the_clap[/nom]It's funny that the game won't even run on Chrome. It crashes immediately.[/citation]

Works fine for me and I have about 35 tabs open.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Zanny[/nom]So Microsoft thinks releasing games that are platform specific for IE will attract web developers when they are terrible at standards compliance, exploit web monopolies when they have them, and their browser is slow and exploit vulnerable, AND they are the only closed source browser in the race? (Safari as well, but who uses Safari?)[/citation]

i now have a paste ghost because of ie9, the worst browser i have on this computer, i hate its interface most of all, ie8ui was better.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]the_clap[/nom]It's funny that the game won't even run on Chrome. It crashes immediately.[/citation]
Not sure what you're issue is, but I've never had Chrome crash on me. The game works just fine for me in both Chrome and Firefox.

Must be the user, not the browser.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"IE9 exclusive levels must"

Micro$oft just does not learn from past experiences.
You come up with some "IE only' (anti)feature and you are bound to shoot your own foot.
Remember IE6 and how you wish you could untie it from older Windows systems ?

Don't you sometimes wish you could go to a M$ Board meeting and slap their Exes in the face so they wake up and LISTEN to the world ?

From what little I've seen of Cut the Rope (I despise casual gaming in general, World of Goo excepted), it uses multi-touch - i.e. sometimes you HAVE to simultaneously cut two or more ropes to complete the level. How does this work with a mouse that can only be in one place at a time?

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]From what little I've seen of Cut the Rope (I despise casual gaming in general, World of Goo excepted), it uses multi-touch - i.e. sometimes you HAVE to simultaneously cut two or more ropes to complete the level. How does this work with a mouse that can only be in one place at a time?[/citation]
Fewer levels. Simply don't include those. :(

Or, you could just zoom in a few times so that it slows down to a crawl. That should give you ample time to swipe multiple ropes (almost) simultaneously. Hahaha. Unless you have an i7 Extreme Edition or something... duh!

vjineo

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Game is decent.

When i hit play, chrome browser was unresponsive for few seconds and recovered after 'shockwave flash' plugin crashed. Was able to proceed and play the game.. weird. Not sure why flash plugin crashed for using html5 based game. And yes, i've latest versions of chrome and flash.

G

I don't follow : Cut the rope was one of those tailor-made games to be played on tablets i.e. using your fingers like when eating in Mc Donalds.

Does anyone actually play this in IE or Chrome on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, like I've seen people play Angry Birds on PCs ? It defeats the purpose really, there are much better games on those devices, just like there are better places to eat than Mc Donalds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS