Play Silent Steel with windows vista?

rodygroup

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I have an old 4 disc game called Silent Steel, I bought back when , I believe, I was running windows 98. It did not work on xp (The video would work but no sound, kept telling me I needed a codec, yet even after finding and installing, still nada) and the Vista doesnt even recognize it. I loved the game, and the simulation photos/movie---Im not a high level computer person, so if anyone has a simple fix, or can walk me thru it, Id be very grateful. Thanks!

Solution

Yeah - its a conspiracy.. MS would get no benefit from doing that.. in fact .. lack of compatibility harms them since it means people are less likely to upgrade...
MS is exceptionally good at compatibility between OS versions.. when people play by the rules..
Games tend not to play by rules as they cut corners to get extra performance etc..

anyway .. to OP.. may be try this..
http://www.old-games.com/download/8760/silent-steel

Not sure what they done to get it work.. but may be it worth you re-getting it..
(but warning.. nostalgia messes with your mind.. most old...

Yeah - its a conspiracy.. MS would get no benefit from doing that.. in fact .. lack of compatibility harms them since it means people are less likely to upgrade...
MS is exceptionally good at compatibility between OS versions.. when people play by the rules..
Games tend not to play by rules as they cut corners to get extra performance etc..

anyway .. to OP.. may be try this..
http://www.old-games.com/download/8760/silent-steel

Not sure what they done to get it work.. but may be it worth you re-getting it..
(but warning.. nostalgia messes with your mind.. most old classics I enjoyed are now VERY crap!!!)

HTH
Cheers

Solution
they do its called control ... I feel with windows 9 or 10 if the program is on a disk it will not work at all and all software and programs will be from a site like steam or fully cloud based owning a hard copy is going to be a thing of the past and you will be ''renting'' stuff from sites like steam to use as ''they'' see fit