Players Get More Credits In Another 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin3000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
"oh baby I know I cheated on you, but I swear she's gone temporarily till I figure out a way that we can all be together without you being upset. Here look I'll give you more pretty credits in the mean time. Did you forget about my betrayal yet?" - EA right now

kuhndj67

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
If they honestly set up the game to be "complete" as a non-microtransaction experience (which means properly paced advancement and rare/legendary loot) and THEN add microtransactions for people too lazy to play through the game normally I guess I could deal with that. The problem is that EA and other ALWAYS nerf in-game loot drops/experience/etc... to extract more $$$ through microtransactions. Like Shadows of War "Grind till you're blind" final act - they force you to pay to make any progress in the game.

phobicsq

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
It's really too bad EA did this as the game looks nice. Sadly not enough people aren't buying this game as well as many others that have similar functions.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I'm not sure about the part with P2W.

After seeing how many cosmetic skins, races and stuff there are available in the game code I think the P2W was just a negotiation scheme from EA.
Knowing that microtransactions to unlock stuff that should be included with the initial purchase wouldn't be taken easily by the customers, EA went one step further and introduced P2W with foreseeable consequences.
Now they can take one step back and have microtransactions for the "free" stuff and have a sufficient amount of gamers accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.