FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Direct Inquiries to:
Philippe Boulle, Marketing Director
White Wolf Publishing
1554 Litton Drive
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
prboulle@white-wolf.com
404-292-1819 x203

White Wolf Announces Player¹s Guide and Legacies of the Blood?
for Vampire: The Eternal Struggle®

Atlanta, GA, March 9, 2005 ‹ White Wolf Publishing Inc. announces today that
will release a Player¹s Guide for its popular Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
(V:TES) collectable card game this summer, as well as a new expansion for
that game entitled Legacies of the Blood this autumn.

The V:TES Player¹s Guide?, available in August provides the ultimate V:TES
reference for new and experienced players alike. It offers a comprehensive
survey of deck building, as well as an array of sample decks and deck
archetypes. It also includes strategy articles by two of the world¹s top
players and a visual encyclopedia of the entire Vampire: The Eternal
Struggle card catalogue (over 2,000 card images).

Available in November is Legacies of the Blood, the next expansion for
V:TES. It focuses on vampires of smaller clans and bloodlines, and
introduces those native to sub-Saharan Africa, who first appeared in the
roleplaying book Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom?. Fans can choose from
eight-deck starter displays, one of four individual 90-card starter decks,
individual 11-card booster packs, or 36-pack booster displays‹all of which
provide new minions and new strategies to bring to bear in the Eternal
Struggle. Starter decks are all balanced for beginning play and feature one
of the Ebony Kingdom clans, making them perfect for new players. More
experienced players can look forward to the support Legacies of the Blood
provides for the smaller ³clans² introduced in 2001¹s popular Bloodlines?
set, including the Ahrimanes, Blood Brothers and Samedi.

The V:TES Player¹s Guide and Legacies of the Blood will be available in
book, game, and hobby retailers, as well as online at www.white-wolf.com in
the latter half of 2005.

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Player¹s Guide
WW2699; ISBN 1-58846-648-5; MSRP $34.99; Releases August, 2005

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle: Legacies of the Blood Starter Display
WW2691; ISBN 1-58846-641-8; MSRP $79.92; Releases November 1, 2005

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle: Legacies of the Blood Booster Display
WW2692; ISBN 1-58846-642-6; MSRP $107.64; Releases November 1, 2005

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is the premier collectible card game (CCG) of
intrigue, strategy and horror. Designed by Richard Garfield (designer of
Magic: The Gathering®) based on White Wolf¹s award-winning roleplaying game
Vampire: The Masquerade®, the game puts players in the roles of vampiric
ancients using their minions to move against each other. Vampiric society is
divided into clans, each with their own special combination of preternatural
powers. Political negotiations, combat and resource management are all key
parts of the play experience. V:TES recently marked its tenth anniversary
and was named the world¹s best multiplayer CCG by InQuest Gamer. Organized
play occurs worldwide under the banner of White Wolf¹s Vampire Elder Kindred
Network? (VEKN). More information is available at
<http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes>.

Since its entry into the roleplaying game market in 1991, White Wolf
Publishing, Inc. has grown, maintaining an average market share of 26%. With
collective book sales in excess of 5.5 million copies during this time,
White Wolf is one of two undisputed worldwide publishing leaders for
pen-and-paper roleplaying games. White Wolf properties have been licensed
for television series, comic books, action figures, console and computer
video games, coin-operated arcade games, professional wrestlers, replica
props and weapons, interactive media events, and a myriad of merchandise.
More information on White Wolf is available at <http://www.white-wolf.com/>.

White Wolf, Vampire, Vampire the Eternal Struggle and Vampire the Masquerade
are registered trademarks of White Wolf Publishing, Inc. Legacies of the
Blood, Vampire the Eternal Struggle Player¹s Guide, Bloodlines, Kindred of
the Ebony Kingdom and Vampire Elder Kindred Network are trademarks of White
Wolf Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

I'm dying to know who wrote it. I'd imagine at least a few of the
people involved would be known old-timers from this forum. Any spoilage?

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

> I'm dying to know who wrote it. I'd imagine at least a few of the
> people involved would be known old-timers from this forum. Any
> spoilage?

Look at Dave, trying to be modest. I'd bet anyone on this forum a dime
that there's a deck with at least 5 War Ghouls in it in that book. :)

Ankur

> > I'm dying to know who wrote it. I'd imagine at least a few of the
> > people involved would be known old-timers from this forum. Any
> > spoilage?
>
> Look at Dave, trying to be modest. I'd bet anyone on this forum a dime
> that there's a deck with at least 5 War Ghouls in it in that book. :)

You're on.

-Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Ankur Gupta wrote:

> Look at Dave, trying to be modest. I'd bet anyone on this forum a dime
> that there's a deck with at least 5 War Ghouls in it in that book. :)

First of all, I didn't have anything to do with the book. Secondly,
what in *GOD'S* name makes you associate me with War Ghoul decks?

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

>> Look at Dave, trying to be modest. I'd bet anyone on this forum a dime
>> that there's a deck with at least 5 War Ghouls in it in that book. :)
>
> First of all, I didn't have anything to do with the book. Secondly, what in
> *GOD'S* name makes you associate me with War Ghoul decks?

First of all, I was harassing you. The war ghouls thing had nothing to do
with you. Bad paragraphing. :)

Ankur

Ankur Gupta wrote:

> First of all, I was harassing you. The war ghouls thing had nothing to
> do with you. Bad paragraphing. :)

Ah, got it. I do remember an early game out at my place when I was
playing Lambach and did put a War Ghoul on the table. Thought maybe
it'd made some impression in your formative years or something. ;)

--

David Cherryholmes wrote:
> I'm dying to know who wrote it. I'd imagine at least a few of the
> people involved would be known old-timers from this forum. Any
spoilage?

Out of a deep concern for your well-being and in an effort to stave off
your death, I'll spoil a bit.

There are several names that you'll recognize that participated in the
creation of the Player's Guide. I'll let them come forward on their
own if they care to (otherwise you'll just have to read their names in
the credits).

-Robert

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:13:57 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:
> Starter decks are all balanced for beginning play and feature one
> of the Ebony Kingdom clans, making them perfect for new players. More
> experienced players can look forward to the support Legacies of the Blood
> provides for the smaller ³clans² introduced in 2001¹s popular Bloodlines�
> set, including the Ahrimanes, Blood Brothers and Samedi.

Is there going to be any information about the EK clans before hand? Just
wondering are the new african vampires going to belong into new clans or
will they belong to the same clans as their european brethren?

--
Powerbase: Turku
http://www.tenerdo.org/

JH wrote:
> Is there going to be any information about the EK clans before hand? Just
> wondering are the new african vampires going to belong into new clans or
> will they belong to the same clans as their european brethren?

A great deal of information on the EK clans can be found
in Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (WW 2441)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:17:38 GMT, LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

> JH wrote:
>> Is there going to be any information about the EK clans before hand?
>> Just
>> wondering are the new african vampires going to belong into new clans or
>> will they belong to the same clans as their european brethren?
>
> A great deal of information on the EK clans can be found
> in Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (WW 2441)

I know. I got the book myself. I just would like to know are the legacies
going to be separate clans in V:TES. I personally would like them to belong
to their respective european clans as all of the legacies have a distinct
super-saharan counterpart.

--
Powerbase: Turku
http://www.tenerdo.org/

In message <opsnfj60dbctfajh@news.utu.fi>, JH <jhattaraNO@spamtenerdople
ase.org> writes:
>I know. I got the book myself. I just would like to know are the legacies
>going to be separate clans in V:TES. I personally would like them to belong
>to their respective european clans as all of the legacies have a distinct
>super-saharan counterpart.

I would imagine that in the (say) two months preceding release, titbits
and teasers will be previewed on the website, as has happened with a
number of other releases.

I'd also imagine that it's quite possible that - right now - the exact
integration of bloodlines into clans or having them as separate clans
may or may not be settled. Playtesting may well still be going on, and
it's quite possible that feedback from that will influence decisions one
way or other other.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

Robert Goudie wrote:
> There are several names that you'll recognize that participated in
the
> creation of the Player's Guide. I'll let them come forward on their
> own if they care to (otherwise you'll just have to read their names
in
> the credits).
>
> -Robert

I wrote one of the strategy articles that will be found in the new
player's guide. I was asked to give my personal approach to deck
building and tournament play. I believe my article did a good job of
explaining my philosophies on those topics. I hope that it will be
useful to players of all experience levels.

Jay Kristoff
V:EKN Prince of Columbus, Ohio USA

>> First of all, I was harassing you. The war ghouls thing had nothing to
>> do with you. Bad paragraphing. :)
>
> Ah, got it. I do remember an early game out at my place when I was
> playing Lambach and did put a War Ghoul on the table. Thought maybe
> it'd made some impression in your formative years or something. ;)

Well, in the sense that my poor poor Rudolfo went screaming into torpor,
yes. :)

I was talking about that "standard" deck in one of the card magazines a
while back that had like, you know, 8 war ghouls or something. Cause you
know, everyone's got 8 war ghouls just laying around.

Ankur

curevei@aol.commetal wrote:

> Why would anyone discount considering Valeren (sorry I misspelled this
> above), though? Assume that Valeren was a real discipline in
> effectiveness; would the current crop of !Salubri be badly designed?

I didn't mean that I think you should discount it. I just meant that,
even if you made Valeren good, you'd still have a problem with the
vampires. The new set might fix both.

> Sure, it's possible to work around the awfulness of Valeren in
> designing new !Salubri, but isn't it a bit strange to have a
> discipline in the game that essentially will get ignored?

Oh man, that was funny! You know who I am.... does the word "Quietus"
ring any bells? :)

Of course, I'm just speaking historically. Quietus has a few new usable
cards.