Playerunknowns Battlegrounds crashing

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
PUBG crashes for me while playing mid-game. I have an alright PC well above the minimum requirements and I'm playing on fairly low settings. I have very low for everything except for view distance which is on medium. I have screen scale at 90, and my resolution is 1280x900. It crashes mid-game and it is a NVIDIA driver crash. My specs are below. Feel free to ask any questions, or ask me to upload crash files.

TIA

Specs:
CPU: i5-4690k @ 3.5 GHZ
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5
RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card: 2GB MSI GTX 770
Storage: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 256GB
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (I believe)
Reg CD/DVD drive
EVGA 600B
Corsair 300R Windowed (only the case fans that come with it)

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

What is DDU?
I have the latest drivers

TIA

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

Can you give like a step-by-step or like a link to a video on how to do this?

TIA

1. download and save to your desk top DDU : download from https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
2. download and save to desktop a fresh copy of the video driver for your card.
windows 10 x64 download : http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/128421/en-us
if your not using windows 10 54 bits let me know.
3. (lets go to safe mode)
3a> simultaneously press on the Windows key and R keys on your keyboard.
3b> write msconfig in the Open text field, and press Enter or OK.
pnhNPqy.png
3c> In the System Configuration window, click or tap the Boot tab. In the Boot options section, select the “Safe boot” option. Finally, click or tap on OK.
Windows 10 tells you that you need to reboot your PC for the new setting to take effect. If you still have work to do, you can select to “Exit without restart.” If not, you can restart now, and your device will automatically boot into Safe Mode.
0I2jjjp.png
4) double click on DDU, then run it by pressing clean button, when it is done, it will reboot.
5) let it settle for 2-3 mins after the reboot.
5) double click on the video driver you have on your desktop and install it
test results.

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

Alright here's the issue, it worked fine for the first start, then once I started playing another day started crashing again, and has been crashing since. Need another solution I guess lol.

TIA

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

I never got a blue screen, I just get a nvidia error, and the pubg crash reporter shows up

TIA

birlzey

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from proofycs : "playerunknowns battlegrounds nvidia driver crashing need help"

Your GFX card does seem a little under pare in my opinion, 2 GB isnt much and PUBG is very unoptimized keep in mind.
Does it crash every game or ?

proofycs

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017

Yes, it does crash every game usually multiple times, I just relaunch the game because I have a SSD but its really annoying to play with

TIA