Question Playing at 4:3 resolution causes all other windows to resize when tabbing out

Sep 9, 2022
Hello, whenever I am playing CSGO with a 4:3 resolution, Windows automatically resizes the window in the background to a 4:3 resolution if it is in fullscreen. So for example if I open a chrome tab, put it on fullscreen, then open CSGO with a 4:3 resolution and then tab out of it, the chrome tab will have resized to a 4:3 resolution. To fix it I just have to make chrome windowed and back to fullscreen. It's just pretty annoying having to always keep fixing the window size whenever i'm playing. Also it is not just a problem with chrome, this also happens with e.g spotify, discord, but also interestingly it doesn't happen with the steam window. If there is a fix for this please tell me.

Edit: Forgot to mention the simple solution of making the desktop 4:3 aswell is not a fix for me since i'm usually browsing on chrome at the same time and 4:3 would make it look horrible. Looking more for a permanent solution

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022
if you use full screen, then desktop resolution changes aswell
soultion would be running 4:3 in windowed mode or on second monitor
Yeah I forgot to mention in the original post I dont like to change the desktop to 4:3 since it's kind of a hassle and looks bad and usually I might be watching youtube so it will screw up the video quality. Currently also don't have a second monitor since I don't need one