Playing audio through both monitors connected via HDMI?

ultima_x32

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
I have 2x Asus VC239H monitors both connected to the HDMI ports on my GTX 1060. Currently I can only play audio through 1 monitor at once.

I read up that I needed to get an audio splitter cable so I bought one and 2 aux cords and have the spliiter plugged into the green port on my motherboard (Asus Z97P).

Sorry if this is already a topic. Thanks for the help.

Solution
The 'splitter' cable should enable you to plug both monitors in via the green output on the mobo, and into the green inputs on the monitors. But you say you are only getting sound on one monitor still??
Make sure the cable is a stereo splitter, and splits the stereo sound X2 Also make sure both AUX leads are stereo. The line level output will be slightly low as it is being split to more than one source, but you should have enough to hear it through the monitor speakers if you turn them up.

Kenton82

Reputable
The 'splitter' cable should enable you to plug both monitors in via the green output on the mobo, and into the green inputs on the monitors. But you say you are only getting sound on one monitor still??
Make sure the cable is a stereo splitter, and splits the stereo sound X2 Also make sure both AUX leads are stereo. The line level output will be slightly low as it is being split to more than one source, but you should have enough to hear it through the monitor speakers if you turn them up.

Solution